Another Price Rise

FCMR

What we all need to do is vote for the under dog that way we can send a message to the bad apples.

Tactical voting can work over here if we all vote.

Alan bell don't care if he gets back in because he has got the pension sorted now, cannot fault the guy.

A new broom sweeps clean people so vote for the under dog, cannot be any worse than this shower of bullies who make out that if you don't vote for them the island will fall apart.

TOO LATE IT HAS FELL APART.

I honestly believe that if someone decent put themselves up at the next election with that as their manifesto, we'd got shot of at least half our esteemed MHKs at the next election.

I wouldn't want to actually get elected, I'd just want people to remember what has gone on in the past and vote for someone else

I was finkin recently about all the fancy names we have for types of govt, you know like oligarchy and such.

We seem to have a govt elected by the, that nice man in the post office/chemist/swept my flue/buried uncle ernie.

It seems anyone who serves the public on a retail basis is odds on for political fame.

i like to think of it as govt by box wallah, any other suggestions for a suitable title?

I was finkin recently about all the fancy names we have for types of govt, you know like oligarchy and such.

We seem to have a govt elected by the, that nice man in the post office/chemist/swept my flue/buried uncle ernie.

It seems anyone who serves the public on a retail basis is odds on for political fame.

i like to think of it as govt by box wallah, any other suggestions for a suitable title?

How about a 'Tosserocracy?' Or a 'Palarchy?'

Manx News - Archived Item

Mount Murray Enquiry

Mon 25th Feb 2002

The Chief Minister says he is concerned the Commission of Enquiry into the Mount Murray may lead to questions from the United Kingdom about the "good government" of the Island.

The UK is responsible for "good government" in its Crown Dependencies, and in the House of Lords recently it was suggested that this would only be in the case of a breakdown in civil law - a clarifying statement engineered by the Manx Government.

But Richard Corkill believes it is possible the enquiry into Government's handling of planning irregularities, which Tynwald approved last week, might lead to external examination of the Island's governance:

Richard Corkill

Mr Corkill says he respects Tynwald's decision, but is also worried about the wording of the motion to create the Commission. It asks for an investigation into the Government's handling of the irregularities, but Mr Corkill says he would prefer it to examine the irregularities themselves. 

Mount Murray Inquiry

Wed 20th Mar 2002

Tynwald has approved £300,000 for the Inquiry into the Mount Murray Development, but with a last minute requirement for the Commission to investigate allegations of corruption.

Speaker of the House of Keys, Tony Brown, said the allegations made by Onchan MHK Peter Karran in the Tynwald debate in February were "of the most serious concern". The amendment was supported unanimously.

However, two MHK's voted against the motion to fund the Inquiry - North Douglas representative Bill Henderson and one of Mr. Karran's Onchan colleagues Adrian Earnshaw. Both are currently political members of the Department of Local Government and the Environment.

Mr Earnshaw claims it's a waste of taxpayers money to pursue something that went off the rails years ago:-

The Inquiry Commission to look into the Mount Murray Development will consist of an English Q.C., an off-island planning expert and a Manx resident who is independent of Government.

Mount Murray development

Tue 11th Dec 2001

Onchan MHK Peter Karran is making a new call for an investigation into planning issues relating to the Mount Murray development.

He wants a public inquiry to be carried out and has tabled a question on the subject, for new Chief Minister Richard Corkill, at next week's sitting of Tynwald.

Earlier this year he was told there was no need for a House of Keys Select Committee to look at the development, because a thorough, independent report had already been carried out.

However, Mr Karran still believes issues relating to the scheme have been hidden.

Candidates for Chief Minister

Mon 3rd Dec 2001

Mr Corkill stressed the importance of being a team player.

The vote for Chief Minister will take place at a special sitting of Tynwald tomorrow. 

:o

Archived