Brexit and financial services/City of London

Barrie Stevens

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Rog said:

Just as long as we get control of our borders and deport illegals and unwanted any price is a price well worth paying.

19 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

What a short sighted view.

Hardly a short-sighted view.

After all, deporting illegals is exactly what we do now and have been doing for years.

Did Farage, Gove and Johnson forget to mention THAT as well???

Dear me, that trio, so absent-minded, they forgot to mention absolutely loads and loads of important stuff....

31 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Any price? Really?

Yes.  To remain in the EU would be an unmitigated disaster for the UK. Indeed all the fannying around by May is both a waste of time and waste of opportunity.

After all, deporting illegals is exactly what we do now and have been doing for years.

And summat else they forgot to mention is that the UK could deport EU nationals of working age after 3 months should they not get a job*. The UK has just opted not to do that yet the EU get the blame.

If I stay here > 3 months, I have to register to stay which sets all sorts of checks in motion. 

*Not quite what git Farage has been spouting is it?

32 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Anti-Semitic views like this are all too common these days.

There is SFA antisemitic involved.  In fact I DEFY you to show where there is anything antisemitic about what I wrote. 

Just now, Rog said:

There is SFA antisemitic involved.  In fact I DEFY you to show where there is anything antisemitic about what I wrote. 

Let the surgeon know from me that the operation to remove your sense of humour was a complete success....

14 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

And summat else they forgot to mention is that the UK could deport EU nationals of working age after 3 months should they not get a job*. The UK has just opted not to do that yet the EU get the blame.

If I stay here > 3 months, I have to register to stay which sets all sorts of checks in motion. 

*Not quite what git Farage has been spouting is it?

You have to register as an Alien in the EU?

Opinion.   And a very popular opinion as well.

Of course it's an opinion To leave a place knowing the status quo to move to a place where thousands of variables and their cost are unknown would likely be seen by most as a mad move. That's why it's a popular opinion.

Only those so intent on leaving they they don't care about the future or the consequences would agree with you. 

You have to register as an Alien in the EU?

If you exceed 3 months in a single visit whilst of working age (ie not entitled to form S1 having reached your state's retirement age) but choosing not to work.

The EU right to live here only applies if you register, prove you can support yourself and you pay your taxes.

It is a very common misconception that you can just move and live here without so doing and many of course do and 'fly under the radar' sometimes for years before eventually falling foul of the system. 

1 minute ago, ballaughbiker said:

Of course it's an opinion To leave a place knowing the status quo to move to a place where thousands of variables and their cost are unknown would likely be seen by most as a mad move. That's why it's a popular opinion.

Only those so intent on leaving they they don't care about the future or the consequences would agree with you. 

Or those of us who are so appalled at what has taken place that should not have been allowed to take place and are genuinely willing to face whatever difficulties are inflicted by Brussels in order to stop the rot and restore what can be restored out of the horror that has come about.

But not knowing or caring about the consequences makes it a mad move. 

Not entirely sure why you would not want to agree with this opinion. However bad the EU is in your mind, leaving must have to be better or else why would you do it? You apparently don't know or care if it will be better. That being the case why on earth would you do it?

Just now, ballaughbiker said:

If you exceed 3 months in a single visit whilst of working age (ie not entitled to form S1 having reached your state's retirement age) but choosing not to work.

The EU right to live there only extends here if you register, prove you can support yourself and you pay your taxes.

It is a very common misconception that you can just move and live here without so doing and many of course do and 'fly under the radar' sometimes for years before eventually falling foul of the system. 

The loss of control of our borders and the widely hated and despised ECHR imposed by Bliar has resulted in millions of burglars and criminals, for that is what an illegal entrant to the UK is by definition of what they have done,  do indeed "fly under the radar" infinitely and that is absolutely NOT a misconception.

Archived