Brexit and financial services/City of London

Barrie Stevens

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ballaughbiker said:

But not knowing or caring about the consequences makes it a mad move. 

Not entirely sure why you would not want to agree with this opinion. However bad the EU is in your mind, leaving must have to be better or else why would you do it? You apparently don't know or care if it will be better. That being the case why on earth would you do it?

The benefits from leaving the EU FAR outweigh continued membership if only for regaining control of our borders, cleansing the population from those who should not be here, and restoring national sovereignty.

The loss of control of our borders etc

Yes but the point is that the UK have chosen not to control the borders to EU residents which they are allowed to do. That being the case, opting for that way is not the EU's fault. 

4 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Yes but the point is that the UK have chosen not to control the borders to EU residents which they are allowed to do. That being the case, opting for that way is not the EU's fault. 

This is not so. The ECHR effectively prevents the UK from having control over immigration and bogus asylum seekers and let's face it, by not applying for asylum in the first safe country an asylum seeker encounters they are by definition bogus.

The benefits from leaving the EU FAR outweigh continued membership if only for regaining control of our borders, cleansing the population from those who should not be here, and restoring national sovereignty.

Did I not say that we could have done this (decades ago) without leaving the EU? Yep I did. To therefore use it as justification for wanting to leave the EU seems a bit false.

I think your use in this context of the verb to cleanse says it all really. 

This is not so. The ECHR effectively prevents the UK from having control over immigration and bogus asylum seekers and let's face it, by not applying for asylum in the first safe country an asylum seeker encounters they are receiving fact bogus.

Aha  asylum seekers now.

1 minute ago, ballaughbiker said:

Did I not say that we could have done this (decades ago) without leaving the EU? Yep I did. To therefore use it as justification for wanting to leave the EU seems a bit false.

I think your use in this context of the verb to cleanse says it all really. 

To cleanse the UK population of liars, cheats, thieves, rapists, those intent on imposing their own "culture" is an entirely appropriate thing to do.  This is not about ethnic cleansing , it's about draining the swamp.

2 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Aha  asylum seekers now.

BOGUS asylum seekers, in any case the UK has taken far more of its appropriate share of the very few bona fide asylum seekers than it should.

Archived