Brexit and financial services/City of London

Barrie Stevens

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

My compliments, Rog, quality troll attempt.

But Bobbie, I'm not "trolling", it's what I 100% believe.

What's more I am very far from being alone, quite possibly I'm in the majority over here.

19 hours ago, woody2 said:

so who are these uk based companies that don't already have offices in the eu?

19 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Big speech tonight on the issue but Germany has just said that it will not step out of line to help the UK as the EU must hold together and work as one. The basic response from the EU is "You can have your cake. But you cannot eat it"...But we all knew that did we not? Yes? Oh, No? No one said? But then no deal is better than a bad deal! At least I have lived and worked in a non-EC/EU world. A lot of younger people have got used to the freedoms and they will probably be disadvantaged.

come on bazza, i am waiting for this long list of uk companies....

1 hour ago, ballaughbiker said:

Did I not say that we could have done this (decades ago) without leaving the EU? Yep I did. To therefore use it as justification for wanting to leave the EU seems a bit false.

I think your use in this context of the verb to cleanse says it all really. 

then why have the courts stopped the home office removing homeless eu nationals........

5 hours ago, Rog said:

But Bobbie, I'm not "trolling", it's what I 100% believe.

What's more I am very far from being alone, quite possibly I'm in the majority over here.

I don't agree with your opinion but I also don't consider you are trolling as I understand the logic that some could attach such importance to one issue that it overrides any others. I don't think you are a majority but there is a sizeable proportion in the UK that "taking back control" is there only concern and whether that has any affect on the UK economy they accept it is a price worth paying.

I contrast your and their views with Woody2 who basically is a troll as will state as a fact that black is white, misquote, etc, etc. basically as Woody2 would put #Woody2talking bollocks.

One thing I would agree with ballaughbiker is and that it is very difficult to understand what unpopular laws/restrictions are implemented in the UK because of the EU because for years all Governments have sort to deflect criticism by saying it is not their fault but they have to do X or Y. In many cases that was correct, but it many it was not. It was an easy get out for the Govt but it bit them on the arse during the referendum as by then the public were off the view that it was down to the EU that the Govt could not do things when that was not necessarily the case.     

7 hours ago, Rog said:

The benefits from leaving the EU FAR outweigh continued membership if only for regaining control of our borders, cleansing the population from those who should not be here, and restoring national sovereignty.

Well nigh impossible and has been estimated to take 20 years if attempted....At a massive cost.

No one really knows but estimates are 450,000-860,000 illegals of various categories....And the rest!

Then there are apparently some 150,000 children born in the UK of illegals. This does not make them British unless one of the parents is a Brit or has permanent leave to remain.

The system is overwhelmed and frankly is not trying. I know of two South African girls who came here age 18 and are now in their early 30s. For years they reported monthly to a police station and were never deported.

One managed to stay undeported for 14 years so the system gave up and she is now permanent. Yes, after 14 years you can claim to stay.

Another had a baby by another fellow who was "Black"...But she had to get another one who was either a "Brit" or had leave to remain to declare that he was the father of the child. She paid him £3,750. Surprisingly, there is no DNA test or not then anyway. He vanishes. The baby has a British birth certificate but that does not make him British. He is British because a now invisible man who was Brit etc said he was the father. The mother and baby cannot be sent back to Soweto due to the Human Rights Act. So the illegal mother has to be allowed to stay until the baby grows up.

Now she was not allowed much by way of benefits but the various churches and charities help. She is now in Belfast working as a carer because no one wants the job and there are lots of old folk grateful to pay cash in hand for a very keen and able carer.

She had no problem working illegally in Essex either 'cos no one cares about the law when you can get cheap and keen labour.

There is a man in Bournemouth who will do you a neat UK passport for £700. It is good enough to fool some people who do not want look too closely.

Another trick is to destroy your real passport because they cannot send them back to a country if they have no proof of you being from there as countries refuse to accept them.

The best you can hope for is that the EU nationals will drift back home post-Brexit...And the rest will get an amnesty and be allowed to stay. It is a bit like the old Outlaw principle that if you can stay at large for a year and a day hiding like Robin Hood in the forest then you are free!

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:45 PM, woody2 said:

it the fact everyone keeps going on about these uk financial services that trade in  the eu- yet when bbcdp looked into it the couldn't find any that didn't offices already in the eu......

It depends on what the offices and companies therein created are licensed to do. At the moment they are covered by the "passports" but it is all about compatible regulation and purpose rather than a foot on the ground.

8 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

It depends on what the offices and companies therein created are licensed to do. At the moment they are covered by the "passports" but it is all about compatible regulation and purpose rather than a foot on the ground.

it has zero to do with passporting because they already have offices in the eu.....

it the fact everyone keeps going on about these uk financial services that trade in  the eu- yet when bbcdp looked into it the couldn't find any that didn't offices already in the eu......

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

it has zero to do with passporting because they already have offices in the eu.....

What companies? I do not understand you.

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

There is no long list of companies because simply having an office in the EU is not the qualifying factor.. Is that what you mean? There is a lot on line you could refer to which is why I have given you some links...There is much going on...

then why have the courts stopped the home office removing homeless eu nationals........

Link?

I can only find something in the Indy about it. Without seeing why they ruled this way then commenting would be guesswork. 

37 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Link?

I can only find something in the Indy about it. Without seeing why they ruled this way then commenting would be guesswork. 

The loathsome and totally unnecessary ECHR is allowing criminals here illegally to run rings around protecting our country from undesirables. From creatures who are permitted to stay because they have acquired a cat to those who claim to be homosexuals and CLAIM they MIGHT face some usually undescribed and unproven consequences if returned to where they SHOULD be.  In one case a burglar, for that is what an illegal immigrant is, who argued he would face agro from a neighbour over use of a village well.

We must get out of this EU farce and WE MUST cleanse our population of such low life  who do not belong here and are costing us long millions.

6 minutes ago, Rog said:

The loathsome and totally unnecessary ECHR is allowing criminals here illegally to run rings around protecting our country from undesirables. From creatures who are permitted to stay because they have acquired a cat to those who claim to be homosexuals and CLAIM they MIGHT face some usually undescribed and unproven consequences if returned to where they SHOULD be.  In one case a burglar, for that is what an illegal immigrant is, who argued he would face agro from a neighbour over use of a village well.

We must get out of this EU farce and WE MUST cleanse our population of such low life  who do not belong here and are costing us long millions.

Irony much?

7 minutes ago, Rog said:

How does leaving the EU change the UK's relationship with the ECHR? The UK is subject to the ECHR as a member of the Council of Europe not due to being a member of the EU, as far as I'm aware membership of the Council of Europe isn't changing.

Archived