Brexit and financial services/City of London

Barrie Stevens

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

How does leaving the EU change the UK's relationship with the ECHR? The UK is subject to the ECHR as a member of the Council of Europe not due to being a member of the EU, as far as I'm aware membership of the Council of Europe isn't changing.

Being a signatory of the ECHR while a member of the EU  will result in it be impossible to walk away from it and walk away we certainly should.

Just now, RIchard Britten said:

A "Jew" stating certain people in society are undesirables and "creatures" and should be cleansed ("WE MUST")

The irony?  Its over 9000!!!!

Nonsense.

The issue concerns criminals, not people of a race or ethnic group simply because of their race or ethnicity.

1 minute ago, Rog said:

Nonsense.

The issue concerns criminals, not people of a race or ethnic group simply because of their race or ethnicity.

So your previous comments about immigrants and asylum seekers (with their (in your words) "who claim to be" at risk stories, shouldn't be taken into consideration when you talk about "cleansing" people?

Now I remember why I thought you were a loathsome and nasty person the last time you posted on this forum.

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

So your previous comments about immigrants and asylum seekers (with their (in your words) "who claim to be" at risk stories, shouldn't be taken into consideration when you talk about "cleansing" people?

Now I remember why I thought you were a loathsome and nasty person the last time you posted on this forum.

Such people should have been kicked out at the get-go, not allowed to remain on appeal based on such ridiculous justifications. Indeed all people here who have not followed due process should have been refused entry, expelled, and if not expelled incarcerated until they chose to return to where they belong.

This is about protecting OUR home, indeed the whole of the British Isles from criminals, nothing nasty about it.

Let's hurty up and get out of the EU, a thing that the British public NEVER were consulted about, restore our national sovereignty, and set about draining the swamp.

21 minutes ago, Rog said:

Being a signatory of the ECHR while a member of the EU  will result in it be impossible to walk away from it and walk away we certainly should.

So you are advocating leaving the Council of Europe really? That would make the UK one of only four countries out of 50 in Europe not to be members (the other three being Belarus, the Vatican City and Central Asian Kazakhstan). Not sure I share your lofty aspirations. This I'll be one of these typical knee jerk reactions based on freak cases and falsehoods, I suspect the ECHR does much more good than bad.

2 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Yeah human rights..... who on earth would want those?

The preexisting UK legislation negated the need to sign up to anything else. We led the world and would have continued to do so.

33 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Rog, you're playing a blinder!  Best wind-up merchant there's been on here in a long time.

You just don't get it.

What I write is my absolute belief. Some people might not like it but I don't write to be popular or unpopular. I simply write what I believe, value, and hold to be right.

There's no "wind up" involved Bobbie.  Believe me.

Archived