Moorehouse Strikes Again

Manx Bean

18 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

And here is the DoI's deeply meaningful reply:

In other words they went and had a look at it.  And that's all they have ever done (To be fair, Moorhouse should really have asked the MUA).

(One very amusing insight into DoI incompetence this time is that have mucked up their formatting - and I suspect put the replies in too late for the Hansard staff to fix things.  Which means all these replies come with the form at the bottom to say which civil servant(s) wrote them.  Note also that the CEO is supposed to sign off all replies, but the Minister, who they technically come from, doesn't)

This question is the one that makes me laugh, asked by Moorhouse on the written questions:

"When Manx Gas was informed of the road closure at Milner Terrace in Castletown in September 2019 for road resurfacing and when they responded; and what reference was made to the replacement of the gas main at the same location between 27th July and 7th August 2020? "

I drive past that road at least twice a day and it was obvious from day one that Manx Gas were looking for a gas leak. They may have ended up replacing mains but it did not look like a "planned" job. What possible point scoring could he gain by asking that daft question?

20 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

This question is the one that makes me laugh, asked by Moorhouse on the written questions:

"When Manx Gas was informed of the road closure at Milner Terrace in Castletown in September 2019 for road resurfacing and when they responded; and what reference was made to the replacement of the gas main at the same location between 27th July and 7th August 2020? "

I drive past that road at least twice a day and it was obvious from day one that Manx Gas were looking for a gas leak. They may have ended up replacing mains but it did not look like a "planned" job. What possible point scoring could he gain by asking that daft question?

I think the questions are not from Mr Moorhouse, but from another prominent person who has a large say in what goes on in Castletown.

• 1 year later...

Moorehouse is asking more pointless and daft questions again. This time about FCIOM and whether IOMG planning official celebrations. It would be churlish not to recognise their achievement but the club are in a very non league scenario and it will take years, to reach the ambition of league two divisors football league status.

Also, whilst the Bowl is suitable and meets standards, it may not meet standards at the time if FCIOM get promoted to the Football League. 

I don’t know what Moorehouse is expecting, a ticker tape parade of Douglas Promenade or a TT cavalcade? A reception at the LG House? Tynwald Honours? 

Also at the same time the police are going on about resources needed to police the football matches. So before long, bureaucracy will strangle what has been successful in terms of crowd attendance and also attracting some off peak tourists. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Moorehouse is asking more pointless and daft questions again. This time about FCIOM and whether IOMG planning official celebrations. It would be churlish not to recognise their achievement but the club are in a very non league scenario and it will take years, to reach the ambition of league two divisors football league status.

Also, whilst the Bowl is suitable and meets standards, it may not meet standards at the time if FCIOM get promoted to the Football League. 

I don’t know what Moorehouse is expecting, a ticker tape parade of Douglas Promenade or a TT cavalcade? A reception at the LG House? Tynwald Honours? 

Also at the same time the police are going on about resources needed to police the football matches. So before long, bureaucracy will strangle what has been successful in terms of crowd attendance and also attracting some off peak tourists. 

It’s obvious that fuckwit Moorehouse has never visited a non league football ground. The majority would be envious of what we have. As for the plod - hardly going to be Liverpool v United type crowds attending

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

It’s obvious that fuckwit Moorehouse has never visited a non league football ground. The majority would be envious of what we have. As for the plod - hardly going to be Liverpool v United type crowds attending

You are right, but I can see Plod whinging and Gary Roberts demanding more resources. What will be a £5-10 ticket will eventually rise to a £15-20 ticket to pay for policing, health and safety and rules and regulations. For a non league club, the cost will be football league ticket price. 

Remember Jurby Day started off small and succeeded, until politicos, civil servants and bureaucrats got involved. Health and Safety added their oar into the mix and the costs spiralled. It wouldn’t surprise me that FCIOM will probably go the same way, if we aren’t careful.

Edited by 2112
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

I’m sure before long there will be a hospitality suite for our politicos to show their approval. MHKs who know fcuk all about the game will want to show off their fantasy managers type knowledge as to tactics, whilst sitting in the Manx Gas Suite, and eating prawn sandwiches. 

• Like 3

Mr Moorhouse asks questions that his constituents want him to ask or what he thinks might be popular. Due to the fact that he is rather dull, some of the questions will be wide of the mark and pointless but succeed in getting his name on the radio and in newspapers to give him the impression of busyness. Many of his constituents will think he is doing a good job, rather than indulging in self-promotion, at the expense of making a meaningful contribution to the government of the Island. The election results prove it. Our political system throws up these type of candidates on a consistent basis. It’s what the voters want, apparently. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

You are right, but I can see Plod whinging and Gary Roberts demanding more resources. What will be a £5-10 ticket will eventually rise to a £15-20 ticket to pay for policing, health and safety and rules and regulations. For a non league club, the cost will be football league ticket price. 

Remember Jurby Day started off small and succeeded, until politicos, civil servants and bureaucrats got involved. Health and Safety added their oar into the mix and the costs spiralled. It wouldn’t surprise me that FCIOM will probably go the same way, if we aren’t careful.

The club should be employing "Stewards" to look after the "crowd" Plod should only be involved if they think there is going to be a breach of the peace if for example FCIOM played FOXDALEFC or similar.

All 3 of my boys worked as stewards at various PL grounds as a way to earn a bit of money when they were at Uni, its the standard way to keep the Chavs in check.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

The club should be employing "Stewards" to look after the "crowd" Plod should only be involved if they think there is going to be a breach of the peace if for example FCIOM played FOXDALEFC or similar.

All 3 of my boys worked as stewards at various PL grounds as a way to earn a bit of money when they were at Uni, its the standard way to keep the Chavs in check.

They do. Generally plod will only get involved if clowns start throwing flares on the plastic pitch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

They do. Generally plod will only get involved if clowns start throwing flares on the plastic pitch.

If that is the only reason plod is there then what are plod moaning about?

That cant take more than one or two of them?

When I saw the bit in the paper about the flares and threats of being locked up I thought they were just over reacting like they did with Covid. I now see that the plastic pitch will cause issues for flares but still, how big an issue is that really?

They could afford to stand an officer at the Covid Ballasalla nursing home when the residents were moved out and there was about as much chance of disturbance there as there is of the DOI minister getting a grip and making his department work.................................

13 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Aren’t flares being used on land in this scenario a ‘firework’ as opposed to be used at sea which can be used as a means of attracting attention in the case of an emergency at sea. So maybe the fireworks laws could be used. I’m sure CCTV footage would be available,

13 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

If that is the only reason plod is there then what are plod moaning about?

That cant take more than one or two of them?

When I saw the bit in the paper about the flares and threats of being locked up I thought they were just over reacting like they did with Covid. I now see that the plastic pitch will cause issues for flares but still, how big an issue is that really?

They could afford to stand an officer at the Covid Ballasalla nursing home when the residents were moved out and there was about as much chance of disturbance there as there is of the DOI minister getting a grip and making his department work.................................

It's not just inside the football ground, it's before and after kids gather at McDonald's or nsc and start causing issues meaning resources are then sent to deal with them. After every fc iom game there's been issues that's taken up police time and resources. So inside the ground yeah it can be handled by stewards but afterwards not so much.