Moorehouse Strikes Again

Manx Bean

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Only inside the grounds or when requested by the club.

I wonder if they applied the same logic to the TT and charged the organisers every time they had to go and deal with incidents on 'the course'. 

It seems unfair to charge one but not the other.

On 5/7/2022 at 2:18 PM, Boris Johnson said:

The club should be employing "Stewards" to look after the "crowd" Plod should only be involved if they think there is going to be a breach of the peace if for example FCIOM played FOXDALEFC or similar.

All 3 of my boys worked as stewards at various PL grounds as a way to earn a bit of money when they were at Uni, its the standard way to keep the Chavs in check.

FC IOM has a team of volunteer stewards, they are not paid. Crowd behaviour has generally been very good: an average of far less than one person per match has been ejected throughout the season for misbehaviour.

On 5/7/2022 at 4:23 PM, quilp said:

You'd think, given the opportunity there'd be no end to fans queuing-up to volunteer to be stewards, just like the TT©️

There's a wonderful team of dozens of volunteers. If anyone wants to volunteer (for next season, now, obviously) you can register online here: https://bit.ly/fciomstewards

On 5/8/2022 at 9:39 AM, 2112 said:

...What could be done is perhaps is for extra litter bins and recepticles to placed near the bowl so fans can place bottles, cans and paper...

At each game, FC IOM works with Beach Buddies IOM to deploy many (I'm not sure of the exact number, but think it is 10-20?) additional bins in and around the NSC Bowl precinct to dispose of such rubbish.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Josem said:

FC IOM has a team of volunteer stewards, they are not paid. Crowd behaviour has generally been very good: an average of far less than one person per match has been ejected throughout the season for misbehaviour.

There's a wonderful team of dozens of volunteers. If anyone wants to volunteer (for next season, now, obviously) you can register online here: https://bit.ly/fciomstewards

At each game, FC IOM works with Beach Buddies IOM to deploy many (I'm not sure of the exact number, but think it is 10-20?) additional bins in and around the NSC Bowl precinct to dispose of such rubbish.

Good response. I doubt there is and will be any crowd trouble - possible high jinx. Unfortunately the trouble is the police.being the killjoys and harbingers of doom, looking for an excuse to put more resources, or get the politicos to introduce new legislation. 

• Like 1

FCIOM is in a good position by the looks of it, successful first season, and achieved the goal of selling out the bowl a few times in their opening season. 

Their challenge is maintaining that goodwill with the local clubs when its consistently "Borrowing" their players for games.

The first couple of big injuries will test that goodwill.

16 hours ago, Flubbergump said:

FCIOM is in a good position by the looks of it, successful first season, and achieved the goal of selling out the bowl a few times in their opening season. 

Their challenge is maintaining that goodwill with the local clubs when its consistently "Borrowing" their players for games.

The first couple of big injuries will test that goodwill.

Theres already rumblings with players 'returning' after the FCIOM games to join in the end of season cup games and title deciders. The other issue in my book is its totally undermined the IOM national team which needs to be addressed as it should be a main aim to represent the National team. 

11 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Theres already rumblings with players 'returning' after the FCIOM games to join in the end of season cup games and title deciders. 

From teams that would not have got near the top of table had the better teams not had their players playing for FCIOM?

4 hours ago, Declan said:

From teams that would not have got near the top of table had the better teams not had their players playing for FCIOM?

Exactly.  I doubt there was much grumbling from the Grosvenor last night. 

The quality in the league has clearly dropped (it was dropping anyway). Its actually made it more competitive.

• 1 month later...

It’s that time again, Moorehouse is asking questions in Tynpotwald on Tuesday about the proposal to change race dates, times and meetings. Granted he has a point to some extent, but he isn’t going to get anywhere against COMIN or the Starship Enterprise whatever the rights or wrongs. Peel isn’t going to get anywhere either, and that’s a fact. Whatever peoples views and I’m sure many are against the proposals, nobody really cares less, like it or lump it. If takings from businesses are down, then it’s going to be reflected in taxes paid. 

On 5/13/2022 at 8:59 AM, Manxman1234 said:

Who is voting this man in! My 5 year old child speaks more sense than him, 

I was always told there is no such thing as a stupid question, although that’s was before I heard of Mr Moorehouse who proves this theory incorrect 

Not so much stupid question but stupid person.

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

It’s that time again, Moorehouse is asking questions in Tynpotwald on Tuesday about the proposal to change race dates, times and meetings. Granted he has a point to some extent, but he isn’t going to get anywhere against COMIN or the Starship Enterprise whatever the rights or wrongs. Peel isn’t going to get anywhere either, and that’s a fact. Whatever peoples views and I’m sure many are against the proposals, nobody really cares less, like it or lump it. If takings from businesses are down, then it’s going to be reflected in taxes paid. 

I think the person complaining about races on Sunday impacting the right to worship probably has more of a chance of getting change as it’s a fundamental right 

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Not so much stupid question but stupid person.

Stupid person is an understatement. How did he manage to hide for a whole 5 years of his first term the fact that he’s clearly an absolute spanner? Did they feel sorry for him and fought hard to have it not immediately uncovered that he’s the south’s answer to Joey Deacon? 

49 minutes ago, Banker said:

I think the person complaining about races on Sunday impacting the right to worship probably has more of a chance of getting change as it’s a fundamental right 

That would be Peter Murcott. He can be dismissed even easier than Moorehouse.

• Like 2

Moorhouse's question is interestingly worded, I suspect so everyone can have their say:

1. The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew (Mr Moorhouse) to ask the Chief Minister –

What consultation took place with key stakeholders and others ahead of the announcement of changes to the 2023 TT timetable.

There's also an interesting question from a Mr Peters:

5. The Hon. Member for Middle (Mr Peters) to ask the Minister for Enterprise –

How many complimentary admissions to the hospitality venue at the grandstand were offered during the 2022 TT to a) Members of the House of Keys; b) Members of the Legislative Council; c) civil servants; and d) others.

It's almost like he's been reading Manx Forums.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1