Moorehouse Strikes Again

Manx Bean

Yeah, how many complimentary Grandstand tickets were given to DoI  road workers??? A thank you for all their work!!! I bet no of them got one?

Hasn't the VIP thing just been answered? A few MHKs and none of the  CS?

I think JM asks some relevant Q's, hope he follows thru or makes use of the info but at least he makes an effort. Sometimes he does seem to be giving his minister the chance to grandstand but, I guess, that's Dept work?

Anyway, He's great, stop knocking him!

As for that Stu P. I bet he can't even explain the Kate Bush phenomenon? He does look smart in a suit though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Moorhouse's question is interestingly worded, I suspect so everyone can have their say:

1. The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew (Mr Moorhouse) to ask the Chief Minister –

What consultation took place with key stakeholders and others ahead of the announcement of changes to the 2023 TT timetable.

There's also an interesting question from a Mr Peters:

5. The Hon. Member for Middle (Mr Peters) to ask the Minister for Enterprise –

How many complimentary admissions to the hospitality venue at the grandstand were offered during the 2022 TT to a) Members of the House of Keys; b) Members of the Legislative Council; c) civil servants; and d) others.

It's almost like he's been reading Manx Forums.

I have never seen Stu at the TT or MGP I think he is a 4 wheel petrol head ,  the answer should be simple  any invitations  for corporate hospitality or business lunches are required to be entered in the declaration of members interests register , and the approximate cost ,  in fairness theres not as many freeloader MHK's these days than there were a few years ago  and when some required to be literally taken home ,

15 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Yeah, how many complimentary Grandstand tickets were given to DoI  road workers??? A thank you for all their work!!! I bet no of them got one?

Hasn't the VIP thing just been answered? A few MHKs and none of the  CS?

I think JM asks some relevant Q's, hope he follows thru or makes use of the info but at least he makes an effort. Sometimes he does seem to be giving his minister the chance to grandstand but, I guess, that's Dept work?

Anyway, He's great, stop knocking him!

As for that Stu P. I bet he can't even explain the Kate Bush phenomenon? He does look smart in a suit though!

Was the question answered?  I know of at least three civil servants who were there on one of the days, they were supping pints with their credentials on display 

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Moorhouse's question is interestingly worded, I suspect so everyone can have their say:

1. The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew (Mr Moorhouse) to ask the Chief Minister –

What consultation took place with key stakeholders and others ahead of the announcement of changes to the 2023 TT timetable.

There's also an interesting question from a Mr Peters:

5. The Hon. Member for Middle (Mr Peters) to ask the Minister for Enterprise –

How many complimentary admissions to the hospitality venue at the grandstand were offered during the 2022 TT to a) Members of the House of Keys; b) Members of the Legislative Council; c) civil servants; and d) others.

It's almost like he's been reading Manx Forums.

Unfortunately, they won't be able to answer (d), I suspect. 

Alfie Cannan on Mannin Line last week seemed to admit that MHKs were not assiduous in keeping their declarations of interests up to date. 

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

That would be Peter Murcott. He can be dismissed even easier than Moorehouse.

Yes Peter Murcott the gay basher general whose views on anything are completely irrelevant. Why has he put his head above the pavement again? Did he think it’s been a good 10 years and people wouldn’t remember his grossly offensive views anymore? 

Edited by Steady Eddie

4 hours ago, MrGarrison said:

Stupid person is an understatement. How did he manage to hide for a whole 5 years of his first term the fact that he’s clearly an absolute spanner? Did they feel sorry for him and fought hard to have it not immediately uncovered that he’s the south’s answer to Joey Deacon? 

Bit harsh. The Joey Deacon story (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Deacon) is a triumph of the human will to communicate. He wrote his autobiography by telling it to his mate, Ernie, who was the only person who could understand him, who dictated it to their pal Michael who wrote it out longhanded then their other friend Tom typed it up despite not being able to read or write. Jason doesn't have anything like that level of support.

Edited by Declan
Could have done with some help meself.
  • Like 1

The Moorhouse Questionator seems to have hit another target with this latest TT question.  Callister may believe that it has been consulted on but Cannan begs to differ:

Consultation on TT schedule changes to open next month

Tuesday, June 21st, 2022 10:47am

Four-week period for fans to submit feedback on proposals

A four-week public consultation will get underway next month on proposed changes to next year's TT schedule.

The plans include moving the Superbike race from Saturday to Sunday, while the Senior Race would be pushed back from Friday to Saturday.

The schedule still has to be formally ratified, while Chief Minister Alfred Cannan confirmed in Tynwald this morning that further feedback will be sought from the public before the race programme is finalised.

(I've missed off the clip as Manx Radio seem to have taken the wrong bit)

Of course it's ridiculous to only be consulting on such changes now and unfair to public, fans and competitors.  The whole thing shows the incompetence and arrogance of DfE.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Callister may believe that it has been consulted on but Cannan begs to differ:

Consultation on TT schedule changes to open next month

Tuesday, June 21st, 2022 10:47am

Four-week period for fans to submit feedback on proposals

A four-week public consultation will get underway next month on proposed changes to next year's TT schedule.

Enterprise did briefly consult ahead of coming up with the new proposed schedule - a consultation was open for a short period in June 2021, asking for views on changes for 2023 and beyond.

They are now due to consult again, on the proposed schedule now that they have finalised it.

So, Enterprise did consult on the subject. Whether many people were aware of the earlier consultation is another matter…

Edited by StrangeBrew
Incorrect info re 2020 consultation, which was just about road closures

23 minutes ago, StrangeBrew said:

Enterprise did briefly consult ahead of coming up with the new proposed schedule - a consultation was open for a short period in June 2021, asking for views on changes for 2023 and beyond.

They are now due to consult again, on the proposed schedule now that they have finalised it.

So, Enterprise did consult on the subject. Whether many people were aware of the earlier consultation is another matter…

But when the so called consultation took place all of the local authority  and associated meetings  were suspended due to covid restrictions ,  so the process was lost in the mist of time , in fact the road closing orders and responsibility under the road races act lies with the DOI , there are having trouble finding out what day of the week it is , and they don't do consultation anyway !

its another mess and thats why Alf has stated in Tynwald today there will be another 4 week consultation process , but he quoted the request to run the races over 3 weekends had come from TT fans , well thats a new one on me , and wait until the locals see the schedule of proposed road closures and the possible demise of the post TT races at Castletown  theres only so many passengers the ferries can carry and everyone will be scrambling to get home for the final weekend 

• Thanks 1

I wonder what Alf would think of this years situation if he were not responsible for the Islands financial position?

One can hear the change of tone in his voice when switches from the ''unfortunate tragedies'' to the ''economic benefits''. It's pre-programmed, isn't it!

On 6/19/2022 at 9:11 PM, Gladys said:

Unfortunately, they won't be able to answer (d), I suspect. 

Alfie Cannan on Mannin Line last week seemed to admit that MHKs were not assiduous in keeping their declarations of interests up to date. 

Moorhouse has show Rob C nitwit to be incompetent

letting his division announce TT schedule before consulting public and stakeholder.  Idiot must think his civil servant can do what they like.    
He will not come out of this unscathed, Moorhouse played a curve ball.  

1 hour ago, StrangeBrew said:

I hadn't had the chance to hear to question when I posted and relied on Manx Radio's coverage, but it would be interesting to see the results of that consultation.  Even more so it would be nice to see the results of the survey done among TT fans/attendees that Cannan made so much of as justifying the changes.  Given that he claimed they wanted both to stay longer and to have short breaks, it sounds a bit confused.