Plans for lord street

Blaine

10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Dunno. How much is a permit, if anything? It's popular though, always busy during the season, with free water and sewage disposal facilities. So it brings people to the town and they're certainly not all Manx registered either. Where else could they go? And the sprint is HQ'd in that area along with the trade stalls.

I'm led to believe that it's at least partly RTC themselves who are pushing for this, despite there already being a sports hall at RGS. They must be projecting to be awash with money from the new rates rise?

One thing the North is not short of is “community spaces”. Which was another reason they didn’t need to purchase the old courthouse

19 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

One thing the North is not short of is “community spaces”. Which was another reason they didn’t need to purchase the old courthouse

True. And not all of them can accommodate camper vans and wheeled gin palaces though. Maybe RTC are looking to the future when there won't be a sprint because those dirty internal combustion engines are outlawed?

2 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

............and still there's no mention of a bus station at Lord Street..................less parking and nowhere for buses?................sounds a great scheme............

Buses will do the same as they do now - but with better shelters for passengers. It was in one of the articles

46 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

............and still there's no mention of a bus station at Lord Street..................less parking and nowhere for buses?................sounds a great scheme............

why do we need a bus station a few hundred yards from a bus depot??    just put decent waiting room facilities down by tesco

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, WTF said:

why do we need a bus station a few hundred yards from a bus depot??    just put decent waiting room facilities down by tesco

Exactly. It could double up as the train waiting room as well

• Like 1

As much as I would love to see this multiplex work, I have been to the cinema a number of times over the last few months and the attendance has been shocking. How they hope to make 7 screens profitable is a mystery. Would it not be better to have maybe two state of the art cinemas with the seats that move with the action on certain films?

40 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

As much as I would love to see this multiplex work, I have been to the cinema a number of times over the last few months and the attendance has been shocking. How they hope to make 7 screens profitable is a mystery. Would it not be better to have maybe two state of the art cinemas with the seats that move with the action on certain films?

the 1980's are calling......

• Haha 2