Plans for lord street

Blaine

13 hours ago, John Wright said:

The whole thing, invitations of interest, tender, award, planning, litigation by the losing tenderer, has been played in the public realm for 3 years. Everyone knew it was happening, everyone knew it would start early 2020; apart from you and @asitis ). Sorry to bust the conspiracy bubble.

I was actually adding a historical rhetoric to the conversation ! would be difficult to be this sure of provenance with so many things !

On 5/6/2020 at 2:23 PM, Andy Onchan said:

I've said it before but I'll say it again... VAT is an iniquitous and inequitable tax. It's free money for the government, they don't have to do anything or provide any service to earn it.

They could appear virtuous and levy a carbon tax or sweetie tax. Maybe even get inventive - a tax on silly hairdos.

16 minutes ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

Neither is lobbing a scimitar.

I wouldn't mind an extra tax as long as it was applied fairly and didn't disproportionately effect one group over another all things considered.

I think when they back date ITIP and NI to all these people just taking a dividend, the island will be flush with cash again.

Edited by Holte End

49 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I think when they back date ITIP and NI to all these people just taking a dividend, the island will be flush with cash again.

It wont.

The only thing a dividend circumvents is NI.  

This has been the undoing of some people who pay themselves minimum required to cover NI and the rest in dividends to avoid it.

They were not entitled some of the support packages.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Wow real progress down there now. 

Niot really, just 3 weeks of an empty car park. It's not happening is it. 

Could be something to do with our borders being closed...

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Wow real progress down there now. 

Niot really, just 3 weeks of an empty car park. It's not happening is it. 

Was it one of those cases where they had to start 'work' by a certain date so as not to lose planning permission or for some other contractual reason?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm - today I was approached and asked did our business wish to rent car parking spaces on Lord St site approx 50 available - month to month contract - and I quote "probably about 9 months at least"...........

More expensive than Shaws Brow or Chester St contract parking by 10%

No ground being broken in the near future then.

• Like 1