media censorship

twinkle

47 minutes ago, quilp said:

being able to quantify the measure of others in the relative rather than the absolute (ffs, what does that even mean?)

Do you really not understand the difference between absolute and relative measures (of, for example, poverty)?

(FFS)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, pongo said:

So why ask what it means? Granted you mangled it up.

ETA: and not superfluous. We're much better off in all of Europe vs 50 years ago. In most places absolute poverty is no longer an issue.

In material terms, but there is much that has gone awry in society over the past 50 years. A case of knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing.

42 minutes ago, pongo said:

And you're the person to make these distinctions. It seems to me that you just want to pick and choose.

Of course! We should all be the ones to make these distinctions. There are too many unthinking dolts around. We shouldn't take in everything we are told, for goodness' sake.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

there is much that has gone awry in society over the past 50 years.

Personally I miss the early 90s. When the internet was mostly just people I knew. Letting everyone on was definitely something which should have been handled much better.

1 hour ago, pongo said:

Personally I miss the early 90s. When the internet was mostly just people I knew. Letting everyone on was definitely something which should have been handled much better.

Ah. Now here you have a point. For years I have believed that the internet has the potential to make the world ungovernable.

2 hours ago, pongo said:

Good job they didn't put you on any selection committee then. Free thought, speech and the god-send of populism would never've seen the light of day.

Speech, on the topic of free speech, banned from Speakers Corner:

He pledged to read someone else's speech after they were detained for three days and refused entry to the UK:

Political correctness is a cancer in late stages. Why can't bad ideas be exposed by debate?

i would.....

untitled.JPG.fff16ec0b35cd2c0d7695efaa4959bed.JPG

"Border Force has the power to refuse entry to an individual if it is considered that his or her presence in the UK is not conducive to the public good."

"a serious threat to the fundamental interests of society and are likely to incite tensions between local communities in the United Kingdom".

and all because one of them said.....

"Allah is a gay god"

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

i would.....

untitled.JPG.fff16ec0b35cd2c0d7695efaa4959bed.JPG

"Border Force has the power to refuse entry to an individual if it is considered that his or her presence in the UK is not conducive to the public good."

"a serious threat to the fundamental interests of society and are likely to incite tensions between local communities in the United Kingdom".

and all because one of them said.....

"Allah is a gay god"

You would what??

Archived