Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

40 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The TT is not around for ever and anything that brings our lovely island to attention of thousands or millions of people has to a good thing.

Anything? Ok. let's legalise drugs. That'll bring in far more cash than these petrol sniffing jollies. All year round. It's a no brainer.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, La Colombe said:

Anything? Ok. let's legalise drugs. That'll bring in far more cash than these petrol sniffing jollies. All year round. It's a no brainer.

Cue Barrie to roll in with his "the UK won't let you" sthick.  Which I happen to think is probably accurate in this instance.

I bet they'd welcome such a move. it would be an experiment for them without consequences for individual MPs. It could always be reversed. The rest of the civilised world is trudging slowly towards it anyway, it's just a matter of time for us British to follow. 

12 minutes ago, nelwd said:

Derek, it would seem that many people think that you are being deliberately vague with some of your answers to their questions, and are reading into that as you have something to hide. As I am sure you have nothing to hide can you answer the following questions?

1)   – How much are you paying for the Road Closure of the Sloc?

2)   – If a vehicle crashes on a closed road who will pay for the cost of any subsequent investigation, medical costs, repairs to the road etc?

3)   – If additional Roads Policing is required during the 5 days e.g. due to complaints from the general public about the standard of driving etc who will pay these costs?

I appreciate that you might claim commercial confidentiality over some of this, but ball park figures for question 1 would help to gather support for your event. Don’t forget that an FOI request after the event will almost certainly answer most of these questions.

Will

I refer you to the answer I gave the Honourable Gentleman some moments ago.  

8 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I refer you to the answer I gave the Honourable Gentleman some moments ago.  

So to sum up your answers in a straight forward easy to understand format that will be:-

1) - We are not paying anything

2) - The tax payer will pay for any costs involved if there is an accident on closed roads.

3)- The tax payer will pay for any costs involved in policing the event.

1 minute ago, nelwd said:

So to sum up your answers in a straight forward easy to understand format that will be:-

1) - We are not paying anything

2) - The tax payer will pay for any costs involved if there is an accident on closed roads.

3)- The tax payer will pay for any costs involved in policing the event.

The answer is if you want the answer, get cracking with setting up an event, satisfy the Act, Regulations, insurers and authorities, and you'll have everything at your fingertips. :) 

7 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

The answer is if you want the answer, get cracking with setting up an event, satisfy the Act, Regulations, insurers and authorities, and you'll have everything at your fingertips. :) 

Not being funny, but the language you're using here doesn't half seem to be echoing something I perused recently. Now what was it? Oh yes that's right! From link!

How to get involved 

Year of Our Island is all about celebrating our Island and our connection to it. We want to encourage our community to explore more of the Isle of Man and get more involved in the vast number of activities which are happening on our doorstep.

Whether you are thinking of running an event or just want to find a new hobby in 2018, our team is here to help you make the most of our Island this year.

The real question is, what do you want to do?

If you need help to get an event off the ground or simply want to enhance something that's already happening you may wish to consider applying for funding through the 2018 Year of Our Island project.

Find out how to apply at the link below. 

14 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Your evasiveness is overwhelming and especially incriminating. Several people have now asked you quite reasonable questions which you have refused to answer. The only conclusion can be that Nelwd is 100% right in their assumption. 

7 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Not being funny, but the language you're using here doesn't half seem to be echoing something I perused recently. Now what was it? Oh yes that's right! From link!

How to get involved 

Year of Our Island is all about celebrating our Island and our connection to it. We want to encourage our community to explore more of the Isle of Man and get more involved in the vast number of activities which are happening on our doorstep.

Whether you are thinking of running an event or just want to find a new hobby in 2018, our team is here to help you make the most of our Island this year.

The real question is, what do you want to do?

If you need help to get an event off the ground or simply want to enhance something that's already happening you may wish to consider applying for funding through the 2018 Year of Our Island project.

Find out how to apply at the link below. 

Can't take any credit for that I'm afraid. All their own work. 

2 minutes ago, Kevmeister said:

Your evasiveness is overwhelming and especially incriminating. Several people have now asked you quite reasonable questions which you have refused to answer. The only conclusion can be that Nelwd is 100% right in their assumption. 

Conclude whatever you like Kevmeister. 

Maybe you could give BAC Mono a call and ask them the same questions. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with that. 

Archived