Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

6 minutes ago, Kevmeister said:

It’s a yes or no answer. 

And he's not giving it to you.  Stop clogging up the internet with your whining.  Do you like picking scabs until they bleed too?

I don't know Mr Flint from Adam but I know that he's got off his arse and tried to do something productive.  Will it be successful?  Who knows but at least he's trying.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ecobob said:

And he's not giving it to you.  Stop clogging up the internet with your whining.  Do you like picking scabs until they bleed too?

I don't know Mr Flint from Adam but I know that he's got off his arse and tried to do something productive.  Will it be successful?  Who knows but at least he's trying.

I’m not whining. I’m asking him for an answer because as a taxpayer I think it’s perfectly acceptable for me to know whether I’m helping to underwrite money going into his pocket as owner of a private business that is using taxpayer funded assets to make money. 

7 minutes ago, Kevmeister said:

I’m not whining. I’m asking him for an answer because as a taxpayer I think it’s perfectly acceptable for me to know whether I’m helping to underwrite money going into his pocket as owner of a private business that is using taxpayer funded assets to make money. 

In a way, closing a public road off so that someone can run their business on it is akin to a hotel closing off a beach and only letting their own guests on it, and this does happen in many parts of the world.

1 minute ago, Thie Veg said:

In a way, closing a public road off so that someone can run their business on it is akin to a hotel closing off a beach and only letting their own guests on it, and this does happen in many parts of the world.

Usually they pay for that sort of deal though so I would have no issue. If Derek Flink had answered me honestly as requested maybe I’d have no issue with what he’s doing either. But he didn’t. So all I can presume from that is that he’s paying diddly squat to have public roads closed so that he can make money. 

40 minutes ago, twinkle said:

I don't think he even started, there's been no clearout of the useless NON PRODUCERS up there,which from conversations with someone on the inside is absolutely necessary.

There’s been an earlier thread on the hospital. I refer interested parties to that.

OMFG what is wrong with you people? I love super cars, they're fucking great, I love the Motor Museum and I love Flinty for making a big deal out of something that I might have missed if it hadn't been mentioned. These cars come, lets have a party for them :) Well done! If you need a hand with anything give me a shout. 

Homarus - Jeremy is a beaut & he got sacked.

1 minute ago, piebaps said:

If you're that keen to know, why not make an FOI request from DOI?

That was where I was going to direct him next. Or he could just ring up and ask “ hello, I want to run a closed road event between ‘x’ and ‘y’, what do I need to do?

6 minutes ago, piebaps said:

If you're that keen to know, why not make an FOI request from DOI?

I’ve already answered that. Why should I when Derek Flint is on this Forum and I have asked him myself about 7 times and he refuses to answer. A simple yes or no would save the DOI or Home Affairs £375 which I believe is the cost of an FOI. No need to ask and incur unnecessary costs for the taxpayer when I could just get an answer straight from the horse mouth? If the horse is prepared to speak. 

16 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

That was where I was going to direct him next. Or he could just ring up and ask “ hello, I want to run a closed road event between ‘x’ and ‘y’, what do I need to do?

Or he could just look at the Gov website for information....... LINK

22 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

It does seem that some people have taken to MF to try air their grievances with Derek, but have done so from behind the apparent safety of anonymous avatars (over multiple threads now).

Gotta love the internet some days...

That’s simply not true in my case. If I had got an answer I’d have stopped asking questions. I haven’t posted against Flint in any other threads either. I did read the Fourm rules before joining and I do seem to remember that anonymous avatars are the recommended default account identity for Manx Forums so that comment confuses me as well. You are advised to set up an anonymous identity within the terms and conditions. 

1 minute ago, Kevmeister said:

That’s simply not true in my case. If I had got an answer I’d have stopped asking questions. I haven’t posted against Flint in any other threads either. I did read the Fourm rules before joining and I do seem to remember that anonymous avatars are the recommended default account identity for Manx Forums so that comment confuses me as well. You are advised to set up an anonymous identity within the terms and conditions. 

As a private individual, Derek is well with in his rights to ignore your requests for answers.

You could PM him rather than clogging up a thread with your "issue", or just get the hint that he isn't going to answer you.

Archived