Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Thie Veg said:

All these closed roads, walkers, cyclists, motorbikes, rallying and now "super" cars.

When's the next election?

You're going to get boring t**ts a bad name if you keep this up :o

22 hours ago, Kevmeister said:

I’m not whining. I’m asking him for an answer because as a taxpayer I think it’s perfectly acceptable for me to know whether I’m helping to underwrite money going into his pocket as owner of a private business that is using taxpayer funded assets to make money. 

Get a life and accept the fact that this is bringing people into the IOM 

A curious question - has the car space been block booked off on the Racket already, so that it is reserved for the cars as and when the owners decide to book? Or will they pay their money and take the chance that there is room on the boat for them? 

5 minutes ago, Thie Veg said:

A curious question - has the car space been block booked off on the Racket already, so that it is reserved for the cars as and when the owners decide to book? Or will they pay their money and take the chance that there is room on the boat for them? 

B*llocks! we never thought of that! 

I don't get the game Mr Flint is playing here. Bound to be loads of criticism for this kind of thing, mostly worthless, yet he seems determined to respond to it, sort of playfully. To me he comes across as hugely arrogant and smug, and the 'twattish supercar drivers' line or whatever it was is almost ratneresque. Bizarre stuff.

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't get the game Mr Flint is playing here. Bound to be loads of criticism for this kind of thing, mostly worthless, yet he seems determined to respond to it, sort of playfully. To me he comes across as hugely arrogant and smug, and the 'twattish supercar drivers' line or whatever it was is almost ratneresque. Bizarre stuff.

He's ex plod so what do you expect ?

Having said that I'd have told the pedantics on here to f*ck off about 16 pages back!

He ain't the social media persona of the polis anymore so he doesn't have to be nice or PC. I suspect he's simply enjoying his new found posting freedom.

ETA - no pun intended at PC

51 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

He isn’t playing a game I fear. He genuinely seems to lack the intelligence or openness to deal with the situation properly. A few people have moaned. Rather than be honest with them and answering them honestly he chose to make himself look like a complete chump being evasive and talking garbage about commercial confidentiality etc. He clearly is not paying for anything other than a few quid for the road closure orders to go in the paper. So really he has validated all the criticism leveled here that the taxpayers of the IOM are undoubtedly helping him make money out of a private event that puts money exclusively into his pocket. Hopefully there will be no crashes or accidents as the Hooray Henry’s take to the roads in their £200k sports cars as that would look very ironic indeed for an event run by a man who has harped on about dangerous driving and road safety in the IOM for so long when he was a copper. 

25 minutes ago, Kevmeister said:

He isn’t playing a game I fear. He genuinely seems to lack the intelligence or openness to deal with the situation properly. A few people have moaned. Rather than be honest with them and answering them honestly he chose to make himself look like a complete chump being evasive and talking garbage about commercial confidentiality etc. He clearly is not paying for anything other than a few quid for the road closure orders to go in the paper. So really he has validated all the criticism leveled here that the taxpayers of the IOM are undoubtedly helping him make money out of a private event that puts money exclusively into his pocket. Hopefully there will be no crashes or accidents as the Hooray Henry’s take to the roads in their £200k sports cars as that would look very ironic indeed for an event run by a man who has harped on about dangerous driving and road safety in the IOM for so long when he was a copper. 

But you're not bitter about something...right?

There’s nothing to stop any supercar owner coming over here and driving on our roads if they want. Derek’s just charging them money for what they could do anyway. Good luck to him - they’ll undoubtedly be spending more cash in local pubs/restaurants etc so I really don’t see a downside. Most folk that own these cars drive like priests anyway as the excessive power is simply wasted on them. 

As for Derek’s evasiveness - the longer he strings out this thread the more people are talking about it. No such thing as bad publicity etc. 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Have you actually read the whole thread? The Ratner line was a lift from an earlier post.

I'm not taking MF seriously. If i was running a pony and trap rally for a charity it would be criticised.

In the meantime, the thousands of views on this thread and increased website traffic is much appreciated. People can make up their own mind....

Archived