Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

6 hours ago, Lxxx said:

This. x100.

If a small island can't be flexible enough to utilise what it has in order to generate revenue for it's population then what's the point in having a government that's strives to be taken seriously. May as well just be a small island parish with a few farmers and fisherman and everyone else fuck off back to whence they came.

But where is the line going to be drawn, when everyone can't move around the island going about their business because the roads are closed most of the year due to people wanting the privilege of driving as fast as they can, and in some cases faster, in  super cars, hyper cars, classic cars, motorbikes, classic motorbikes, cycles, rally cars etc etc, fuck me, it causes chaos and anger when the mountain road gets shut because of ice, snow or crashes. If the supercar drivers want to drive around the island at non-wankerish speeds on open roads then fair enough they've paid their vehicle duty, and if they want to drive around at wankerish speeds then go to Jurby (as advertised) but why the fuck should I be inconvenienced because some supercar owners want to drive on our 'closed' roads at wankerish speeds whilst also lining the pockets of a couple of residents?

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many arseholes and so little time.

Derek Flint was a bloody good copper and engaged with the public at every opportunity to the benefit of us all. I met him a few times and was pleased, very much by his approach to policing.:) 

I had a go at him over the Nobles job for reasons I am not going into and I'm sure he has good reasons for leaving said job early on.;)

I totally admire his efforts and determination to stage this event with the supercars and wish him all the best with it.

I will never understand the ignorant opposition to it and find it so embarrassing that I know a few of the posters who are making tits of themselves with their stupid posts on here.

If some of these "haters" took a step back and looked at what they have posted, they would be ashamed.

God only knows what outsiders think when they view these boards. 

2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I’m guessing Flinty has more than likely “felt their collars” on a number of occasions hence their consistent whining...

I think jealousy is a factor too.

Derek's daughter started what seemed like a dodgy career with her dancing, but soon became a massive hit and from that, she moved on to a brilliant career in production and has carved herself a nice future for herself.

Her dad, Derek has left one career behind and has now taken a big step into the abyss, as in trying to create an income generating business in an environment that resists any change and despises anyone trying to change the status quo.

Said business will benefit us all, but that is not good enough for some, it seems. "None so blind as those who will not see"

2 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

But where is the line going to be drawn, when everyone can't move around the island going about their business because the roads are closed most of the year due to people wanting the privilege of driving as fast as they can, and in some cases faster, in  super cars, hyper cars, classic cars, motorbikes, classic motorbikes, cycles, rally cars etc etc, fuck me, it causes chaos and anger when the mountain road gets shut because of ice, snow or crashes. If the supercar drivers want to drive around the island at non-wankerish speeds on open roads then fair enough they've paid their vehicle duty, and if they want to drive around at wankerish speeds then go to Jurby (as advertised) but why the fuck should I be inconvenienced because some supercar owners want to drive on our 'closed' roads at wankerish speeds whilst also lining the pockets of a couple of residents?

Hence my support for the orbital monorail project. Sooner we free up the highways for my master plan.....

8 hours ago, Thie Veg said:

You are not a peasant Kevmeister, you are a voter, and people here seem to forget that. The fact that they get upset when you remind them goes to show how much they'd love to suppress the democratic process to further their own ends, if they could get away with it.

Derek has shown his true colours in this thread I think. At any time a reasonable question could have been answered honestly but for whatever reason he has chosen not to do that at all. Shows he clearly has a lot to hide. Sounds like a typical Manx “entrepreneur” standing on the shoulders of the Manx taxpayer and their government contacts to make a profit. 

46 minutes ago, Kevmeister said:

Derek has shown his true colours in this thread I think. At any time a reasonable question could have been answered honestly but for whatever reason he has chosen not to do that at all. Shows he clearly has a lot to hide. Sounds like a typical Manx “entrepreneur” standing on the shoulders of the Manx taxpayer and their government contacts to make a profit. 

The only thing that’s been shown in this topic is you are a grade A balloon knot...:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Derek's daughter started what seemed like a dodgy career with her dancing, but soon became a massive hit and from that, she moved on to a brilliant career in production and has carved herself a nice future for herself.

Her dad, Derek has left one career behind and has now taken a big step into the abyss, as in trying to create an income generating business in an environment that resists any change and despises anyone trying to change the status quo.

Said business will benefit us all, but that is not good enough for some, it seems. "None so blind as those who will not see"

Oh come on Dilli we all remember what you said about his daughter at the time. You can’t backtrack like That! 

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Oh come on Dilli we all remember what you said about his daughter at the time. You can’t backtrack like That! 

I think it demonstrates none of us ever know how things are going to pan out, and an opinion can change in the light of new evidence.

9 hours ago, Kevmeister said:
18 hours ago, Thie Veg said:

You are not a peasant Kevmeister, you are a voter, and people here seem to forget that. The fact that they get upset when you remind them goes to show how much they'd love to suppress the democratic process to further their own ends, if they could get away with it.

Talking to yourself is almost as weird in writing as it is orally. ;)

3 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:
13 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I exchanged a few PMs with Derek and I'm sure he fully understood my point of view. I certainly saw his when it was explained in more depth.:) 

16 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

You've lost me. Are the roads being shut for a full five days on the bounce here.

Archived