Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Found it

Haha, Derek what have you done (but thanks) ;) That lead bike, the white one that puts in an appearance at 2.12 is me. Ahh would have been so much better if I hadn't had to negotiate white van man who must have been let on to the road at the Bungalow before the lead bikes got up from Ramsey.:lol: If you remember that was the day you led all the bikes up to the hairpin and told us to wait there, and some dozy hippy type went to head straight up, when you shouted at him he jammed on his brakes and practically fell off at walking pace in the middle of the road. As it happens he only made it a few miles before he binned it.

edit for spelling.

3 hours ago, manxb&b said:

That lead bike, the white one that puts i an appearance at 2.12 is me. Ahh would have been so much better if I hadn't had to negotiate white van man who must have been let on to the road at the Bungalow before the lead bikes got up from Ramsey.

Wow, I'm just amazed you managed to get past that van at all with testicles that big! Incredible. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Quite a few million quids worth of vehicles on this one. Watch all the way to the end.

I believe there are people who move from big cities to quiet rural areas who often need to have a recording of traffic to listen too to enable them to sleep.

Here's one 'supercar' fan who won't be coming to the island this year. Or rather two. Worth noting the statement from the dead boy's family.

Alexander’s family, from Kings Worthy, near Winchester, said: “We hope the media coverage has in some way increased awareness of the fragility of life and the danger of driving powerful cars for however short a journey and the necessity of adhering to all sensible safety measures.”

31 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Here's one 'supercar' fan who won't be coming to the island this year. Or rather two. Worth noting the statement from the dead boy's family.

Alexander’s family, from Kings Worthy, near Winchester, said: “We hope the media coverage has in some way increased awareness of the fragility of life and the danger of driving powerful cars for however short a journey and the necessity of adhering to all sensible safety measures.”

Not sure I see the relevance. This was an idiot who got into a car, pressed the accelerator too hard and killed a kid all in the space of a few seconds. It was a sad, completely avoidable incident if the guy engaged his brain first.

8 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Not sure I see the relevance.

The relevance, hopefully, is the increased awareness of the fragility of life and the danger of driving powerful cars for however short a journey and the necessity of adhering to all sensible safety measures. 

Archived