Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, La Colombe said:

The relevance, hopefully, is the increased awareness of the fragility of life and the danger of driving powerful cars for however short a journey and the necessity of adhering to all sensible safety measures. 

Or powerful motorbikes. Or small, low powered cars, driven badly. The key is in the end of your last line.

1 hour ago, CharlieBrown said:

So reading Del boys latest blog post, he clarifies that the TT bit is not on a closed road, the best they get is one closure of the Sloc, can't see why anyone would come after TT when during the one way system they can get plenty of goes, seems a bit pointless.

We can only wait and see. This year will be a bit of a learn and we will take it from there. The difference with closed roads is the potential for conflict with other road users is removed. 

10 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Not sure I see the relevance. This was an idiot who got into a car, pressed the accelerator too hard and killed a kid all in the space of a few seconds. It was a sad, completely avoidable incident if the guy engaged his brain first.

If only LC had a brain to engage...

11 hours ago, La Colombe said:

The relevance, hopefully, is the increased awareness of the fragility of life and the danger of driving powerful cars for however short a journey and the necessity of adhering to all sensible safety measures. 

On 3/25/2018 at 9:02 PM, thommo2010 said:

He refused a breath test the courts see that as a serious issue because there' no actual reading so he could have been slightly over or 10 times over so they give out the long bans

La Colombe said:                                                                                                                                                              He could have been but really, who cares about that? Did he put anyone in danger or not? I'd say not. No real harm done.

Oh the irony is strong in this one!!

4 minutes ago, manxb&b said:

La Colombe said:                                                                                                                                                              He could have been but really, who cares about that? Did he put anyone in danger or not? I'd say not. No real harm done.

Oh the irony is strong in this one!!

Irony? He killed a kid. How can that be described as 'no real harm done'? 

35 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Irony? He killed a kid. How can that be described as 'no real harm done'? 

Read the post properly, the '''no real harm done' is a quote from your post about a drunken driver. And in another post you state '' the necessity of adhering to all sensible safety measures.'' 

15 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

So reading Del boys latest blog post, he clarifies that the TT bit is not on a closed road, the best they get is one closure of the Sloc, can't see why anyone would come after TT when during the one way system they can get plenty of goes, seems a bit pointless.

They should close the mountain section  for these supercars and fluck the NIMBY whining  blow in's ! I'd put money that most of the Manx are all for this event

Anything that both promotes the Island is good for me!.

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The Sloc is probably the only decent road on the Island, mountain road excepted, and by the time this road race has been on it will be desecrated to the standard of the rest of the Island's roads...so that's half a million wasted.

Jeez, what a drama queen. How can a few cars driving over it for half a day "desecrate" it more than the rest of the traffic for the rest of the year ? Quality whingeing.

1 hour ago, Chutney said:

By ‘Manx’ do you mean all residents of the Isle of Man or just the thoroughbreds ?

'Manx' usually means, 'I am Manx by my own opinion' not real Manx like myself, and certainly not the imported coppers, real Manx coppers look after their own, though Manx coppers are like most coppers,  mentally subnormal.

Archived