Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

When you wipe out, you may only kill yourself, but the utter, abject devastation your passing leaves behind cannot be understated. Of course, you may take another soul or two with you, or perhaps even worse still, live to tell the tale  but kill others. On top of those of course, are the poor souls who have to spend their lives being fed baby food and have their dignity taken forever. 

Its why the world has to change. 

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Mr. Sausages said:

How do you know how they feel?  35mph is quite a pace really, much faster than the human body has evolved to move at. 

35 mph going up the Creg on my Flymo with no seat belt on is enough for me- no fun when the grass cutting set off my hay fever

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, Mr. Sausages said:

How do you know how they feel?  35mph is quite a pace really, much faster than the human body has evolved to move at. 

Yes, a whole 9mph faster.

On 3/7/2018 at 12:54 PM, The Duck of Atholl said:

I have some knowledge of the organisation of cycle racing on the Island and policing there is paid for when it's required. 

Still didn’t stop the really bad accident(s) happening this year though did it? 

9 minutes ago, Kevmeister said:

Still didn’t stop the really bad accident(s) happening this year though did it? 

Is the rider OK? I'd heard they've been flown away? 

There have been several fatalities in recent years in pro cycling. The speeds of some of the mountain descents are incredible. And look at Cav's last 'off' - he is a very lucky man not to have been left permanently disabled. 

I don't think policing would have made any difference. The cops are deployed to manage junctions for cycle racing on the open road, for when they might need to race through a stop sign for example. The clubs have worked hard to minimise the requirement by revising routes where possible. 

Seriously though, hope the injured party makes a good recovery. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived