Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Only one that isn’t here and that is the one you highlighted.The rest are here.( I think)

So where is this one? Looks too leafy (and sunny) for it to be the IOM.

Goodwood Revival would be my guess. Maybe. That's the benchmark for this kind of thing. I'm fairly sure that's not the TT road.

4 hours ago, pongo said:

01.PNG.8bfdc2b8ae55aeb55a6578d0f80b2c13.PNG

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, pongo said:

So where is this one? Looks too leafy (and sunny) for it to be the IOM.

Goodwood Revival would be my guess. Maybe. That's the benchmark for this kind of thing. I'm fairly sure that's not the TT road.

You are correct. It is not where I thought it was. I thought it was coming out of the park in Ramsey that I can never remember the spelling of.:ermm:

If I read the website correctly, they’re not doing a full lap of the course. They drive from Douglas to Ramsey for a coffee, then on “a thrilling drive” to the famous Creg Ny Baa where they have tea. Then on to Laxey.

Still its better than the Saturday which is spent parked on the Prom. If it’s finished and not blowing a hoolie. 

2 minutes ago, MrPB said:
4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

OK. 2 are not pictured here. The rest are.

So what is your point? Nobody was suggesting they fabricated a picture of the grandstand. 

A fellow poster asked a question about the subject of a photo, that was said to be taken here. I have just tried to help. Sorry to crash your party.

31 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Exactly. Only one person seems to look like they give a f*** and it isn't me.

None of it really matters and no point in anyone getting het up about a promo poster.

I'm 99% certain it's St. Helier. 

13 minutes ago, quilp said:

None of it really matters and no point in anyone getting het up about a promo poster.

I'm 99% certain it's St. Helier. 

It will be a great event for our island and that is what matters. If all these folk enjoy it, it will enhance our image no end. I just hope that the arsehole fun police don't get involved, like they are doing with rallying.

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

It will be a great event for our island and that is what matters. If all these folk enjoy it, it will enhance our image no end. I just hope that the arsehole fun police don't get involved, like they are doing with rallying.

What image?

We are a grubby little tax haven - if you look at supposed television programmes which are supposedly going to enhance our ‘image’, an example of which Best little Prison, in its introduction mentioned the IOM as a tax haven and the TT. What other image can we rely on - Manx Cats and Manx Knobs?

HRH The Chief Minister keeps spouting climate emergency and is looking at the environment at the forefront of any Government legislation. How can the TT, Festival of Motorcycling and now proposed Festival of Motoring be reconciled when we are facing such a national environmental emergency. Think of the pollution and spewing exhaust fumes polluting the Sloc. The fumes could also affect MHKs brains and interrupt their thinking. 

39 minutes ago, pongo said:

The TT Motorcade should be run on a Wednesday. Ramsey to B&Q and back - led by a Dacia Duster at 38 mph and no overtaking. Ever.

I'd go for an old battered Merc Sprinter builders van chucking out plumes of filthy diesel smoke myself.

Archived