Supertour 2018

The Duck of Atholl

Just now, Derek Flint said:

Bless. 

Kevmeister, I'm in business. I'm not here to disclose every part of my business models to some anonymous chappie on an internet forum. If you are so outraged by this, then by all means, contact the authorities, maybe even start one of those 'Stop the Supertour' petition thingies. Just get on with it rather than harumphing on here. 

That’s a poor come back. I’d rather you just answered by question. It’s not hard. 

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Kevmeister said:

Why should I go to the lengths of writing to my MHK when you’re the guy organizing it and I’ve asked you a very straight question which you have refused to answer. Other than by your evasiveness you have made it crystal clear that you are not paying a penny for using taxpayer funded resources for your own private business. 

You really sound like a complete tool. Another self entitled ex government employee who thinks the IOM and it’s taxpayers are just there to feed money into their pockets time and time again. 

Kevmeister makes a fair point Derek you are being unusually evasive.

I have some knowledge of the organisation of cycle racing on the Island and policing there is paid for when it's required. Now it may be that you've struck a deal with the Dept of Enterprise to get this for nothing, if so just say it is "commercially confidential" I believe that is the phrase of choice in these matters.

1 minute ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Kevmeister makes a fair point Derek you are being unusually evasive.

I have some knowledge of the organisation of cycle racing on the Island and policing there is paid for when it's required. Now it may be that you've struck a deal with the Dept of Enterprise to get this for nothing, if so just say it is "commercially confidential" I believe that is the phrase of choice in these matters.

Yes, but we are running a business, not a cycle club, or racing event for that matter. Our learned friend Kevmeister is making assumptions that certain things are required which are somehow placing pressure on the public purse. 

Trust me, you get nothing for nothing from IOMG these days. Or at least I don't. I'm not being evasive at all - its just now I am no longer a public servant. People seem to forget that. 

10 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I'm not being evasive at all

So your explicit answer to my question is? 

Just to repeat the question was are you or are you not paying to cover the costs of the roads being closed and any policing and other support provided by taxpayer funded organizations or agencies for this private event which you will be profiting from?

Just now, Derek Flint said:

its half a day

on the Sloc.....

Yeah? That's not quite what is purveyed on your site. What about when the boys are allowed to let rip up the mountain?

We'll see how it pans out won't we...

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

Yeah? That's not quite what is purveyed on your site. What about when the boys are allowed to let rip up the mountain?

We'll see how it pans out won't we...

I wonder how much it cost to drag that Ferrari out of a wall on Peel Road and treat the passengers and do the investigations when that crash around the rally happened? 

Archived