Outsourcing dirty tricks - cambridge analytica

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/21/tory-donors-among-investors-in-cambridge-analytica-parent-firm-scl-group

"Filings for SCL Group, which is at the top of a web of companies linked to Cambridge Analytica, show that since its conception in 2005 its shareholders and officers have included a wine millionaire who has given more than £700,000 to the party, a former Conservative MP, and a peer who was a business minister under David Cameron.

On Wednesday, Theresa May faced questions in the House of Commons over Tory links to the company. “As far as I’m aware the government has no current contracts with Cambridge Analytica or with the SCL Group,” the prime minister said."

"...As far as I'm aware..."  I'm sorry Prime Minister, but is the kind of shit you should be very aware of.

8 hours ago, woolley said:

Correct. Trump is not the best tactician in the world and comes out with some crazy stuff on the hoof, but he is not a fool. He is well aware of the forces ranged against him.

Also what is coming out with the Cambridge Analytica leaks is that he has some powerful and wealthy forces amassing behind him too, which represent conservative America who are fighting back against the relentless onslaught against it.  They clearly have peers in the UK too.

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/21/tory-donors-among-investors-in-cambridge-analytica-parent-firm-scl-group

"Filings for SCL Group, which is at the top of a web of companies linked to Cambridge Analytica, show that since its conception in 2005 its shareholders and officers have included a wine millionaire who has given more than £700,000 to the party, a former Conservative MP, and a peer who was a business minister under David Cameron.

On Wednesday, Theresa May faced questions in the House of Commons over Tory links to the company. “As far as I’m aware the government has no current contracts with Cambridge Analytica or with the SCL Group,” the prime minister said."

"...As far as I'm aware..."  I'm sorry Prime Minister, but is the kind of shit you should be very aware of.

What is it you're really pissed about here? Is it the fact a company has utilised data to influence voters or the fact said company has used the data to back the horse you didn't like? If this company had used the same methods to help Clinton and the Remain campaign's would it be as much of an issue. I think anyone who has followed your infantile postings knows the answer to this one. 

On 20/03/2018 at 6:55 PM, the stinking enigma said:

From the den of communist iniquity that is the daily mail. 2016

Welcome aboard!

I have to say I'm finding it harder and harder to dream up the right kind of original left wing denigration of that most trusted of organisations, the BBC, in order to take the piss out of all of those whose prejudices are so entrenched they dismiss BBC news content due to "a deliberate left-wing bias", or some such nonsense.

So I hope you won't mind if I plagiarise your efforts from time to time.

Thanking you in advance.

Yours etc

PK

Just now, Lxxx said:

What is it you're really pissed about here? Is it the fact a company has utilised data to influence voters or the fact said company has used the data to back the horse you didn't like? If this company had used the same methods to help Clinton and the Remain campaign's would it be as much of an issue. I think anyone who has followed your infantile postings knows the answer to this one. 

Yes, it should be an issue if any group, right or left, using such a mechanism to affect the out comes of public votes and should be dealt with harshly.

Sorry, if that didn't fit your expected response.

Is it the fact a company has utilised data to influence voters...

No, it is the fact that Parliamentary parties may have used said companies to influence voters.  Why aren't you pissed?  Is it because the outcome favoured the horse you liked?

4 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Yes, it should be an issue if any group, right or left, using such a mechanism to affect the out comes of public votes and should be dealt with harshly.

Sorry, if that didn't fit your expected response.

It was exactly, almost word for word, the response I expected, brains.

12 hours ago, pongo said:

Kremlinbots from the Internet Research Agency in St Petersburg were massively involved in trolling social media in support of Brexit.

Putin's Russia is about undermining European unity - it wants to deal with nations on its borders which argue with each other. Not with Nato or the  EU. Even the UN is seen as globalist from a Putin faction perspective.

yet no evidence has been found......

apart from less than a quid......

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

Incidentally, the last time I looked the UK hasn't been invaded for the last thousand years or so. Unlike most of Europe multiple times. Hence in my experience they see aspects of being European that are different to our own.

it been invaded by unregulated immigration.......

11 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

No, it is the fact that Parliamentary parties may have used said companies to influence voters.  Why aren't you pissed?  Is it because the outcome favoured the horse you liked?

It's party political broadcasts for the digital age. It's not going away. Much as I think it might be unsavoury it's only a shade of grey away from what you see when you turn on the TV or pick up a newspaper.

Maybe Cambridge Analytica was created in response to the rising tide of anti-conservative sentiment which has swept across the western world in the past few decades. In which case it should be expected and welcomed in a democracy, to have competing ideologies instead of one riding roughshod over everything else.

2 hours ago, Lxxx said:

You, I and Richard all know perfectly well that if that had been the case we would never have heard a word about any of it.

Archived