New Blue British Passports...

La Colombe

31 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No it’s not. Passports fall in the national security/interest exception. Most other EU members don’t put them out to anything other than domestic tender. Once again it’s British decisions being blamed on the EU.

" Under EU procurement rules, the Home Office had been required to throw open the bidding process to European firms."

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Why on earth do we need to change the passport colour anyway?

We didn’t need to have the burgundy one to start with. We could have used the EU format with a blue cover.

2 hours ago, paswt said:

except that in fact they don't :lol:

They do.

It’s not an act of suicide. It’s a mindless drive to migrate ( equivalent to leaving the EU ) they don’t know where they are going, they don’t know about obstacles in their way or how to overcome the obstacles.

They travel on regardless, come to a cliff and fall off.

Some of them survive by luck depending on how far they fall, what they fall into or on, if it’s water how far they have to swim or how many others fall on them and aquash them or drown them.

its an entirely apt comparison for Brexit. It’s exactly what’s happening.

Lets hope the negotiations are successful and the drop and distance to swim isn’t to much.

1 minute ago, woody2 said:

BBC have been given wrong information by the Pro Brexit Home office minister.

. Today programme this morning confirmed the exemption to procurement rules applied to passports, if UK wanted, and listed countries, including France and Germany, which applied the exemption.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

BBC have been given wrong information by the Pro Brexit Home office minister.

. Today programme this morning confirmed the exemption to procurement rules applied to passports, if UK wanted, and listed countries, including France and Germany, which applied the exemption.

bbc Vs bbc

:lol:

remoan4

Brexit should be about standing for British traditions. Newfangled inventions such as passports should be abolished. We should revert to using "safe conduct" papers and letters of introduction - written in proper cursive, and signed by the Lord of Mann. Sealed with wax. To be inspected at Dover by gentlemen in tricorn hats before we make sail.

16 minutes ago, pongo said:

Brexit should be about standing for British traditions. Newfangled inventions such as passports should be abolished. We should revert to using "safe conduct" papers and letters of introduction - written in proper cursive, and signed by the Lord of Mann. Sealed with wax. To be inspected at Dover by gentlemen in tricorn hats before we make sail.

Thanks for that Mr. Robertshaw.

7 minutes ago, guzzi said:

I don't give a shit who makes it or what colour it is. But I would like one that confers the right to work and reside in any country in the EU, just like my current one.

Fully agree. And we can’t do that without giving the reciprocal benefit.

15 minutes ago, guzzi said:

I don't give a shit who makes it or what colour it is. But I would like one that confers the right to work and reside in any country in the EU, just like my current one.

not gonna happen, you can always move now.......

54 minutes ago, John Wright said:

clearly this highlight how undemocratic the eu is, the uk shouldn't have to ask unelected eu bureaucrats anything..... 

Archived