New Blue British Passports...

La Colombe

3 minutes ago, woody2 said:

clearly this highlight how undemocratic the eu is, the uk shouldn't have to ask unelected eu bureaucrats anything..... 

They don’t. The uk chose not to apply the exemption all on its own. Like so many of the things that are complained about it’s the entirely voluntary way the UK has chose to to apply EU rules it voted for in a stupid way, from freedom of movement, benefits, nhs treatment, to procurement. 

The fault of the UK, not the EU.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They don’t. The uk chose not to apply the exemption all on its own. Like so many of the things that are complained about it’s the entirely voluntary way the UK has chose to to apply EU rules it voted for in a stupid way, from freedom of movement, benefits, nhs treatment, to procurement. 

The fault of the UK, not the EU.

bollocks....

everytime the uk tries to change anything the eu says no......

see "call me dave" trying to make small changes before the referendum.......

No woody.... fake news. The UK have interpreted EU law (that our MEPs voted for) many times in the strictest way that is not mirrored elsewhere in the EU. That is not the EU's 'fault' but our option.

Trouble is some (ie those with an agenda) want/need to interpret that as the EU forcing their will.

Btw it turns out that the 3 months rule on non-working migrants not staying, that the Uk has chosen not to operate, was not quite as you had earlier proclaimed. We could enforce it if we wanted and you cherry picking two legal decisions where OUR courts determined otherwise does not make the general case you argued at the time.

However keep up the propaganda. 52% want to believe it no matter what the counter evidence which is why we are where we are. 

2 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

No woody.... fake news. The UK have interpreted EU law (that our MEPs voted for) many times in the strictest way that is not mirrored elsewhere in the EU. That is not the EU's 'fault' but our option.

Trouble is some (ie those with an agenda) want/need to interpret that as the EU forcing their will.

Btw it turns out that the 3 months rule on non-working migrants not staying, that the Uk has chosen not to operate, was not quite as you had earlier proclaimed. We could enforce it if we wanted and you cherry picking two legal decisions where OUR courts determined otherwise does not make the general case you argued at the time.

However keep up the propaganda. 52% want to believe it no matter what the counter evidence which is why we are where we are. 

uk courts working eu courts decisions......

call me dave tried to restrict free movement and was told no....

The Culture Secretary, Matthew Hancock, told the BBC that EU procurement rules were "very clear" but might change after Brexit.

"As it happens, one of the advantages of leaving the European Union is that we'll be able to have more control over our own procurement rules," he said.

:whistling:

uk courts working eu courts decisions......

Not in this case. I am in an EU country at the moment that firmly applies this rule without the EU interference you imply and argued a few weeks back.

They have their own modification of it allowing non-workers under retirement age to stay if they can prove they have 8,000€ to live on. I am occasionally affected by this rule but that's just how it is.

The UK has chosen not to apply this rule but the fake news that they can't is instantly sucked up by those who want/need to believe it. That is not the fault or whatever you want to call it, of the EU

So...

#fakenews

4 hours ago, guzzi said:

I don't give a shit who makes it or what colour it is. But I would like one that confers the right to work and reside in any country in the EU, just like my current one.

I'm quite happy to live on this island and not interested in working or residing anywhere else thanks.

Just saying :lol:

13 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Not in this case. I am in an EU country at the moment that firmly applies this rule without the EU interference you imply and argued a few weeks back.

They have their own modification of it allowing non-workers under retirement age to stay if they can prove they have 8,000€ to live on. I am occasionally affected by this rule but that's just how it is.

The UK has chosen not to apply this rule but the fake news that they can't is instantly sucked up by those who want/need to believe it. That is not the fault or whatever you want to call it, of the EU

So...

#fakenews

eu law is clear...

• 0-3 months when the UK can refuse individuals entry or deport them for public policy, public security and public health reasons
  • 3 months – 5 years when the UK can deport individuals for public policy and public security reasons
  • 5 years – 10 years when the UK can deport individuals for serious reasons of public policy and public security
  • 10 years plus when the UK can deport individuals for imperative reasons of public security

the fact is its near impossible and very expensive to remove someone and it can take years.....

8 minutes ago, paswt said:

I'm quite happy to live on this island and not interested in working or residing anywhere else thanks.

Just saying :lol:

Absolutely, and clearly no-one, least of all me, is challenging that.  But I have those rights now, and I am losing them. Hence my comment.

4 hours ago, woolley said:

It'll be some Remain arsehole in the civil service making a point. Blame them. Big shake out needed there. Fifth column if ever there was one.

we have our own fifth colum on here remoaner john right,who's not ALWAYS WRIGHT.

7 minutes ago, guzzi said:

Absolutely, and clearly no-one, least of all me, is challenging that.  But I have those rights now, and I am losing them. Hence my comment.

YOU have those rights you say,well fucking use them and gaisjm.

6 minutes ago, guzzi said:

your false claim that the uk or anywhere else has the right to remove anyone is just that false.....

the final deal /no deal hasn't been done yet..... 

3 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

Zubier Yazdani of Deighton Pierce Glynn solicitors, who represented the Aire centre, said: “The court has upheld the well-established definition of an abuse of rights under EU law and sent a strong message to the Home Office that its removal of rough-sleeping EU citizens is totally unlawful and discriminatory. This decision comes as a significant defeat for the Home Office in their desire to create a ‘hostile environment’ for foreign nationals.”

doesn't look like the uk courts had any choice......

The European commission has said EU member states have no right to deport EU citizens for being homeless and said EU citizens had a right to live in other EU countries “irrespective of whether they are homeless or not”.

:whistling:

Archived