New Blue British Passports...

La Colombe

14 minutes ago, pongo said:

Obviously I am no longer going to argue with you about whether the idiotic Brexit is a good idea or not. Now that we are all on the same side. So I'm not giving an opinion about whether the excellent Norway option represents an excellent idea or whether it is simply the only logical outcome. But Norway Plus / Minus is clearly where Britain is going. Calling it "hard" will obviously help sell it.

Objectively - don't you find it funny hearing Mogg still saying that "nothing is agreed until everything is agreed". When everything is roughly agreed. More or less inside the Single Market but not part of the Customs Union. With free movement subtly renamed. And blue passports.

nope, its outside the single market and customs union.....

norway has nothing to do with it.....

"nothing is agreed until everything is agreed" barmy says that as well......

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I suppose it depends what you call a thing - Britain leaving via the exit and then coming back in through the window. Have you been following the news over the past couple of weeks? Barnier and Davis are on the same page.

35 minutes ago, pongo said:

Well I suppose it depends what you call a thing - Britain leaving via the exit and then coming back in through the window. Have you been following the news over the past couple of weeks? Barnier and Davis are on the same page.

its a fta that has been put forward, what the leavers have said all along, what you claimed wouldn't happen.....

face it you lost and you have lost this, the propaganda didn't work.....

8 minutes ago, woody2 said:

its a fta that has been put forward, what the leavers have said all along, what you claimed wouldn't happen.....

The leavers have been arguing for no deal. Instead it looks like a conditional FTA which amounts to regulatory alignment. Part of the outer circle. The agreed fallback position on Ireland cannot be read in any other way since Mrs May has said that the north or Ireland will not be treated differently from the rest of the UK.

Nothing is agreed. Except the basic shape of the final outcome. And the standstill interim agreement is a great big clue. Almost everyone welcomed that. Even Sir Nige has said that Norway would be a great outcome.

3 hours ago, pongo said:

The leavers have been arguing for no deal. Instead it looks like a conditional FTA which amounts to regulatory alignment. Part of the outer circle. The agreed fallback position on Ireland cannot be read in any other way since Mrs May has said that the north or Ireland will not be treated differently from the rest of the UK.

Nothing is agreed. Except the basic shape of the final outcome. And the standstill interim agreement is a great big clue. Almost everyone welcomed that. Even Sir Nige has said that Norway would be a great outcome.

absolute tosh....

the eu messed up putting the irish border before knowing what the final outcome would be....

its irrelevant what is in this outline, its the final deal that matters, the eu have wasted over a year on nonsense.....

sir nige said that before the referendum was even known about, talk about misusing quotes....

no deal is still looking good, you snowflakes have lost any hope:lol:

47 minutes ago, woody2 said:

the eu messed up putting the irish border before knowing what the final outcome would be....

There is nothing to argue about here. The government has committed to an outcome which in which the north of Ireland will be in "regulatory alignment" with the single market and the customs union. Mrs May has separately promised the DUP that the north of Ireland will not be under different regulation than the UK.

That means a deal which is so close to the Single Market and Customs Union that there is no effective difference. Or, in the event of no deal, it means effectively reverting to EU membership. I agree with you that no deal remains a possibility.

Next year Britain will officially leave the EU. People will hang out flags and honk their car horns. The issue will have been settled and the arguments will no longer have any traction. The government and the EU will then be free to arrange a pragmatic outcome.

5ab51c2e1e3b7_ScreenShot2018-03-23at15_24_03.png.1692f4ceb2d2a21b2cb1b4bfa21e3266.png

1 hour ago, pongo said:

There is nothing to argue about here. The government has committed to an outcome which in which the north of Ireland will be in "regulatory alignment" with the single market and the customs union. Mrs May has separately promised the DUP that the north of Ireland will not be under different regulation than the UK.

That means a deal which is so close to the Single Market and Customs Union that there is no effective difference. Or, in the event of no deal, it means effectively reverting to EU membership. I agree with you that no deal remains a possibility.

Next year Britain will officially leave the EU. People will hang out flags and honk their car horns. The issue will have been settled and the arguments will no longer have any traction. The government and the EU will then be free to arrange a pragmatic outcome.

have they now.....

Britain has not accepted the "backstop" option in the EU withdrawal text that says Northern Ireland will remain in a customs union if all other ideas for avoiding a hard border with the Republic fail.

:rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Britain has not accepted the "backstop" option in the EU withdrawal text that says Northern Ireland will remain in a customs union if all other ideas for avoiding a hard border with the Republic fail.

I agree. And as you will see above, I didn't say that Britain had accepted that. I said that Britain had agreed to "regulatory alignment" .

Here is the BBC article you are quoting from. The very next line, which you missed out concedes:

"Some still undefined backstop, yes, just not that one." It's quite clear Woody.

As I am sure you will agree, it's like all the red lines which keep being quietly dropped every time a deadline approaches.

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

I agree. And as you will see above, I didn't say that Britain had accepted that. I said that Britain had agreed to "regulatory alignment" .

Here is the BBC article you are quoting from. The very next line, which you missed out concedes:

"Some still undefined backstop, yes, just not that one." It's quite clear Woody.

As I am sure you will agree, it's like all the red lines which keep being quietly dropped every time a deadline approaches.

uk hasn't agreed to "regulatory alignment"

Team-UK will need plenty of both as it confronts the next stage of the process; contemplates wholly unresolved issues like the Irish border - in truth barely even addressed in negotiations - and the talks about talks which have yet to begin on the future trading relationship.

red lines? more nonsense- out of the eu, single market,customs union and end to free movement= full house......

the snowflakes haven't got anything they wanted left on the table......

Archived