New Blue British Passports...

La Colombe

33 minutes ago, woody2 said:

uk hasn't agreed to "regulatory alignment"

Agreed last December.

Mrs May says that no government could sign up to the , so called, "backstop". She has to now. But look at where all the government's other red lines have ended up. And once the UK has officially exited the EU next year, then the government will be free to make whatever pragmatic agreement it needs to. Including extending the transition period if necessary.

A month ago you were casting doubt on the idea that there would even be a "transition period".

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pongo said:

Agreed last December.

Mrs May says that no government could sign up to the , so called, "backstop". She has to now. But look at where all the government's other red lines have ended up. And once the UK has officially exited the EU next year, then the government will be free to make whatever pragmatic agreement it needs to. Including extending the transition period if necessary.

A month ago you were casting doubt on the idea that there would even be a "transition period".

nope, the uk has not accepted the text, it not a agreement......

barmy said a month ago that they might not be a transition if a deal is done, also no transition if no deal happens.....

I am for no borders, you are born on this planet and should be able to wonder wherever your heart desires in my opinion, I’ve never really understood why we need permission and a licence (Passport) to cross an imaginary line, this is hardly freedom. Why worry about the colour of your slave status papers, blue, red or pink, you still have to get permission to venture onto the next plantation, yet you debate the colour of the mechanism of your captivity.

Does anyone know why the passport was introduced and the reason given? was the reason perhaps given as a way to secure the imaginary borders from non natives, but would you not say that since the passport the UK has gotten somewhat more mixed..I must say imaginary borders is a good way to divide and rule a world population.

13 hours ago, gerrydandridge said:

I am for no borders, you are born on this planet and should be able to wonder wherever your heart desires in my opinion, I’ve never really understood why we need permission and a licence (Passport) to cross an imaginary line, this is hardly freedom. Why worry about the colour of your slave status papers, blue, red or pink, you still have to get permission to venture onto the next plantation, yet you debate the colour of the mechanism of your captivity.

Does anyone know why the passport was introduced and the reason given? was the reason perhaps given as a way to secure the imaginary borders from non natives, but would you not say that since the passport the UK has gotten somewhat more mixed..I must say imaginary borders is a good way to divide and rule a world population.

Aahh. A Remain fundamentalist. They all think this way really if they admit it. As Lennon would have it "You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you will join us. And the world will live as one."

11 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Passports? I believe it's all in the NAME, gerry.

Here’s a little food for thought, it may be a little confusing for some but here goes anyway: In roman times a slave was identified by the use of all capitals.....In Latin it was called Capitis Diminutio Maxima (meaning a maximum loss of status through the use of capitalization, e.g. JOHN DOE or DOE JOHN) – The highest or most comprehensive loss of status. This occurred when a man’s condition was changed from one of freedom to one of bondage, when he became a slave.

Now consider the above and look on your driver’s licence, passport, even the letters that government send you, like their "self assessment" Tax forms. It’s not a coincidence that it is written in Capitis Diminutio Maxima. Where do you think the current legal system comes from...

The truth shall set you free, but first of all it will really piss you off.

14 hours ago, gerrydandridge said:

They were originally safe conduct documents which is still the sentiment expressed in them last I looked. They really got off the ground in 1914-15 because of the war and nations taking sides. Before then you did not really need one although they became common from 1855, Before 1914 the passport was not needed in Europe at least other than for safe conduct. They still give access to consular assistance. Today they show right of abode and good old Brit ones today give visa free access to 175 territories. ie the original safe conduct purpose. They are more or less essential to open bank accounts, claim a pension etc or at least are useful and smooth the process. I used mine for this. They stand in for ID cards. There are a flock of Brit passports of different types. A fake one made by a bloke I know down on my manor costs £750 but it will not fool immigration.

52 minutes ago, gerrydandridge said:

Here’s a little food for thought, it may be a little confusing for some but here goes anyway: In roman times a slave was identified by the use of all capitals.....In Latin it was called Capitis Diminutio Maxima (meaning a maximum loss of status through the use of capitalization, e.g. JOHN DOE or DOE JOHN) – The highest or most comprehensive loss of status. This occurred when a man’s condition was changed from one of freedom to one of bondage, when he became a slave.

Now consider the above and look on your driver’s licence, passport, even the letters that government send you, like their "self assessment" Tax forms. It’s not a coincidence that it is written in Capitis Diminutio Maxima. Where do you think the current legal system comes from...

Yes, where does the current legal system come from? 

The misspelling and misreading of the term  capitis demintutio maxima is the hallmark of nutty ‘Strawman’ theorists in America. It just means ‘maximum loss of status’ ie; becoming a prisoner or slave. The Romans didn’t change the way your name was written according to your social status. They couldn’t, because lowercase / uppercase distinctions weren’t invented until well after the fall of the Roman Empire (by Gaelic speaking Irish Monks, as I recall). 

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, gerrydandridge said:

I think I liked you better on that daft flat earth topic...

Archived