The Berxit lies and betrayals

Barrie Stevens

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woolley, there are areas of England that have been regenerated by immigrant communities, gentrified by hipsters, or bought up by foreign investors. There are places where relations between the new communities and the older established communities aren’t very good, but that doesn’t mean you have to be afraid. Crime has been falling steadily for twenty years. If you want evidence that immigrants are not any more inclined to criminal activity, including violent crime, than the native population:

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/28732/

5 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Woolley, there are areas of England that have been regenerated by immigrant communities, gentrified by hipsters, or bought up by foreign investors. There are places where relations between the new communities and the older established communities aren’t very good, but that doesn’t mean you have to be afraid. Crime has been falling steadily for twenty years. If you want evidence that immigrants are not any more inclined to criminal activity, including violent crime, than the native population:

I think that you live on a different planet. I really do. But that aside, the paper clearly restricts it's findings to the early stages of mostly bogus asylum seekers and then immigrants from EU accession countries. Later swarms of mostly bogus asylum seekers and assorted illegals along with millions  of family members and kids born into the people who live in the ghettos and closed colonies who have a very high birthrate are the growing problem that we face.

IMO the least worst solution will be some form of partition of the UK.

3 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

utter tosh....

see london......

DTcdAvuW0AMogrm.jpg.24124fa90a8426870c09820ddb90f82d.jpg

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

OK, Freggy. At least you have written this in a civilised manner rather than your colostomy popping nadir of the other day. It amuses me when people tell me I don't have to be afraid. I'm not, I assure you, but I am for the youngsters and the future. During my now quite numerous decades on the planet I've lived and done business in some pretty edgy places around the world where you really do have to watch your back. If some of the liberals telling me sarcastically not to be afraid were to be suddenly transported to such locations I know they would be wailing for their mums.

There are some areas approaching that situation in England nowadays, and I've written about it on here at length over the years. My roots are in one of those places and I still have distant family and friends there "living the dream".  I have been successful in life, being able to buy myself away from it, so I have the dual perspective of moving in circles that are subject to the privations and others that are virtually oblivious to them. Both groups think they know best about everything. It's an interesting dichotomy.

3 hours ago, quilp said:

Lol. You said it, constantly, in previous threads. It epitomises your smug snobbery. I could let it go but I get the impression this well-used soundbite has become embarrassing to you.

Good.

Not at all.

I liked it when I posted it up and I like it now. It has a certain ring to it n'est ce pas? (I dropped into French there to help you re-inforce your prejudices that have you labelling me as some kind of pseudo, smug, intellectual given to sneering at the lower orders who voted brexit in ignorance. But the lower orders are my origins and there's no way I would ever sneer at myself.)

It seems to me that the more the negotiations lean towards trying to retain the status quo the more the brexiteers feel betrayed and thus the more they lash out at those who voted remain. Of course I could be wrong but then, a massive rarity on here, I don't mind admitting it.

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

Not at all.

I liked it when I posted it up and I like it now. It has a certain ring to it n'est ce pas? (I dropped into French there to help you re-inforce your prejudices that have you labelling me as some kind of pseudo, smug, intellectual given to sneering at the lower orders who voted brexit in ignorance. But the lower orders are my origins and there's no way I would ever sneer at myself.)

It seems to me that the more the negotiations lean towards trying to retain the status quo the more the brexiteers feel betrayed and thus the more they lash out at those who voted remain. Of course I could be wrong but then, a massive rarity on here, I don't mind admitting it.

what a knob......

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

Not at all.

Speaking for myself retaining the status quo is exactly what I do NOT want to happen. What I want is full and total separation from the EU and the sooner and more complete the better and I am far from alone in this. It's interesting that real hatred for the EU is now spreading across Europe. People want their individual nationality back and who can blame them

Blair ruined Britain, Merkel has destroyed Europe and this will not be forgiven.

35 minutes ago, Rog said:

Speaking for myself retaining the status quo is exactly what I do NOT want to happen. What I want is full and total separation from the EU and the sooner and more complete the better and I am far from alone in this. It's interesting that real hatred for the EU is now spreading across Europe. People want their individual nationality back and who can blame them

Blair ruined Britain, Merkel has destroyed Europe and this will not be forgiven.

To be brutally honest I suspect Merkel and Blair can live with you never forgiving them Roger.....

Archived