The Berxit lies and betrayals

Barrie Stevens

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Just going back to this older post of yours.

Of course you don't care what the cost is.  You and all the other old duffers most likely be dead (or beyond useful contribution) by the time cost becomes a reality.

The older generation are dead set on writing a cheque they have no intention or ability to cash, leaving it up to the younger generations to carry the can.

Old and senility are common traits of the Chickenhawk.

5 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Where is the dressing up?

It is obvious to anyone with eyes that younger people "mainly" voted remain and older people "mainly" voted leave.

I mean, the whole "the majority won" argument is based on "majority" and "mainly".

You really are a spiteful individual. This is actually typical of "the impetuosity and I know everything" traits of youth. However, you are now in middle age and should really have grown out of them. Unfortunately, you come across as about 21 and still wet behind the ears. We are told that it is only the old and the uneducated who do not appreciate the delights of the EU. That is just so wrong and superficial. In reality it is people of all ages who are able to look beyond the obvious with clarity of thought who can actually see where the whole thing is heading politically and financially, and they don't want to see that for themselves or their descendants. Perhaps you should listen to them and be a little more questioning of the rhetoric you revere as gospel. Most remain supporters have an extremely tenuous grasp of the issues involved and the reasons they put forward are either irrelevant to the EU (peace in Europe, holidays in Europe etc.) or will be entirely unaffected or enhanced by Brexit (lawmaking, trade etc.).

32 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone else's stinks.

Hope that helps.

Not wishing be too pedantic but ----

Actually I don't have an arsehole.  

At least not any more.   :(

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

Maybe that is a result of reading and responding to the comments of old chickenhawks on the forum for more than 10 years.

Given the choice of being a chickenhawk or a sh*tehawk I know fine well which I prefer to be thought of as being - and it ain't the latter!

16 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

I see senility has robbed you of your sense of irony.

If that is a feeble attempt to wind me up then you have yet again failed , as you ,demonstrably, have in life ,as evidenced by your posts.

Hope this helps 

Just now, paswt said:

If that is a feeble attempt to wind me up then you have yet again failed , as you ,demonstrably, have in life ,as evidenced by your posts.

Hope this helps 

Au contraire mon ami.

(Also you need to look up the definition of "demonstrably", as you have failed to "demonstrate" how I have supposedly "failed" at life (which by extension is impossible as I am indeed very much alive)).

I hope that helps, but we all know that is just some "smuggery" you apply to each of your posts.

2 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Au contraire mon ami.

(Also you need to look up the definition of "demonstrably", as you have failed to "demonstrate" how I have supposedly "failed" at life (which by extension is impossible as I am indeed very much alive)).

I hope that helps, but we all know that is just some "smuggery" you apply to each of your posts.

hows the wife?

12 hours ago, woolley said:

Ridiculous. Of course it did. NATO was and is a force for military co-operation throughout Europe against a common perceived enemy. Most major European states are members and ex-Eastern bloc countries joined as the Soviet influence retreated. In working together in that common cause under US leadership there was never any opportunity for local belligerence. Everyone was too concerned about the red menace in the East.

Both Greece and Turkey are members of NATO. That can stop them coming to blows. NATO packs a punch and has credibility. If they were not members of NATO and they started warring, what do you think the EU would do? I'll tell you. Absolutely nothing. It's a paper tiger and your European dream is a dangerous fantasy because it blinds the gullible to dangers they believe have been consigned to history. Our ancient  nations of Europe need to be strong and proud. Not hollowed out and leveled down by a central bureaucracy which has no long term future.

You are still confusing external and internal security.

19 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You are still confusing external and internal security.

No I am not. They do not exist in mutual isolation. Your assertion is an example of the kind of superficial thinking that the EU is adept at exploiting.

Now what have I missed?

Oh yes, JW doing what he does so well. Using established facts to dismiss the Brexiteers bullshit.

And doing it so well they have no other recourse than to change targets. Bad luck Richard.

By the way, Manannan got in early last night. Unfortunately I was on pole position looking straight into the forward lounge. So last one off.

Otherwise I would have enjoyed the so-called "debate" on Brexit.

Which, apparently, Barrie can't even spell.....

Archived