The Berxit lies and betrayals

Barrie Stevens

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Time will tell all.

Personally I hope Brexit will be a massive success.

Because I don't know of anyone who actually wants a lower standard of living.

And I don't give a flying what colour my passport is....

I would be prepared to see a reduction in the standard of living in order to get the hell out of the EU 

5 minutes ago, Rog said:

Not a class thing, though there are long thousands of scum who have slimed their way into the UK, but a patriotic thing.  It's about being proud of our achievements as a nation, about our refusal to let a bunch of foreigners dictate to us how we should live, what rules and laws we have to obey, and demand billions each year. 

bombast

I would be prepared to see a reduction in the standard of living in order to get the hell out of the EU

Fine but what about the other 49 million? Edit: who didn't vote out.

Y'know....nearly 3 times the numbers of 'out' voters

27 minutes ago, Rog said:

If you can afford it, lucky you.

An awful lot can't though Rog. What about them?

15 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Fine but what about the other 49 million? Edit: who didn't vote out.

Y'know....nearly 3 times the numbers of 'out' voters

Well presumably the ones who didn't vote don't care either way, so what about them? It's about how we see ourselves as a country. Are we confident to stand tall in the world or do we need to be a district of something "better"?

6 minutes ago, woolley said:

Well presumably the ones who didn't vote don't care either way, so what about them?

Sweeping statement is sweeping.

Maybe people didn't vote because they didn't feel confident in the information being provided (by either side).

Maybe people didn't vote because the binary options presented didn't meet their "requirements".

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Well presumably the ones who didn't vote don't care either way, so what about them? It's about how we see ourselves as a country. Are we confident to stand tall in the world or do we need to be a district of something "better"?

Jeeeeze.

"stand tall in the world" - wtf?

Folks want a fair world where they can live out their lives and bring up decent kids who have have a chance of living out their lives in peace and security of four square and a roof over their heads.

Only the "Britain First" wankers have the imaginary "stand tall" ethos.

24 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Jeeeeze.

Folks want a fair world where they can live out their lives and bring up decent kids who have have a chance of living out their lives in peace and security of four square and a roof over their heads.

Vacuous blather... 

57 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Jeeeeze.

If you stand tall in the world that is precisely how you bring up decent kids who have a chance of living their lives in peace.
If you dream of a world where everyone loves each other and take your guard down, abdicating the responsibility to someone else, that is when you are in trouble. And incidentally, in so doing you bring up generations who have no pride in their country and come to despise it. We are well down that road and need to turn it around.

Did you ever study history? Were you paying attention? Clearly not.

Archived