School Facebook Sites

La Colombe

Facebook is essentially a computer 'game', people should not treat it otherwise. I've heard stories about the police being called to deal with things people have posted on Facebook, how mad? I got killed on Sonic the Hedgehog in 1998 someone bury me...sake.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, La Colombe said:

They all seem to have them. But who administers them? And in light of the deeply sinister implications of the creepy data harvesting that is so under the spotlight at the moment, can parents be reassured that the administrators are fully clued up on the extremely complicated range of settings that are apparently so confusing, and trust that their personal data is in safe hands? 

What's a grown up like you doing trawling facebook school sites?

6 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

So where did your research come from then? Or maybe you started a topic based on fuck all when it should have been in your 'random look at me I'm posting on an internet' thread.

5 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

The same thought did cross my mind...

Lol. I got my info here. Clearly struck a nerve with this one although I can't think why. Perhaps you guys administer school Facebook pages and are now feeling a little uneasy about it? 

12 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Clearly struck a nerve with this one although I can't think why. Perhaps you guys administer school Facebook pages and are now feeling a little uneasy about it? 

I cannot understand why you would leap to that erroneous conclusion on the basis of no evidence whatsoever.  Occam's razor would suggest that myself and the other poster just had the same thought that it's a bit random and better belongs on your EgoTopic.

Edited by Bobbie Bobster

7 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

I cannot understand why you would leap to that erroneous conclusion on the basis of no evidence whatsoever.  Occam's razor would suggest that myself and the other poster just had the same thought that it's a bit random and better belongs on your EgoTopic.

A bit random? Lol. You're not one to follow the news then? If you were you'd realise that the harvesting of vast amounts of data by mega corporations, and possibly nefarious use of that data is one of the biggest current stories. Nothing random about it. But you knew that really. 

58 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Lol. I got my info here. Clearly struck a nerve with this one although I can't think why. Perhaps you guys administer school Facebook pages and are now feeling a little uneasy about it? 

The schools all seem to have their own websites, not Facebook sites (although there are some FB.)

Edited by gettafa

27 minutes ago, gettafa said:

The schools all seem to have their own websites, not Facebook sites (although there are some FB.)

That's true. All but one of the secondary schools have an FB site. But quite a few primaries too. Which suggests it's an institutional decision rather than Departmental policy. One hopes the pages are in safe hands. 

1 hour ago, La Colombe said:

A bit random? Lol. You're not one to follow the news then? If you were you'd realise that the harvesting of vast amounts of data by mega corporations, and possibly nefarious use of that data is one of the biggest current stories. Nothing random about it. But you knew that really. 

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole to get the post viewing numbers up, eh?

Anyway, it is actaully random.  Sorry.

1 hour ago, x-in-man said:

So where did your research come from then? Or maybe you started a topic based on fuck all when it should have been in your 'random look at me I'm posting on an internet' thread.

LC is an attention whore, as can be evidenced by the shite he/she posts...