London murder rate overtakes New York's

woody2

11 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Problem with that is you get labelled as a racist by Richard. ;)

That would be like being "savaged by a dead sheep" (to quote Dennis Healey).

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, P.K. said:

Well, for a start, it's not down to the teachers. These days if a teacher tried to discipline little Johnny, who's a right little disruptive shit, his parents would be knocking on the Head's door to complain about it ASAP. Which is totally wrong because why should the other kid's schooling suffer because disruptive little Johnny has shit parents?

I personally think exclusion and special schools are the way to go. 

Unfortunately a lifelong teacher I know, recently retired, used to tell me that in terms of discipline each new intake was worse than the one before. Rock and a hard place for the teachers. And it's a problem that's not going away....

In my opinion It's purely and simply down to the establishment who over decades have stripped away the right to discipline children from both  parents  and teachers .

Now the chickens are coming home to roost,who will they blame I wonder?

15 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Say racist things, you get labelled a racist.

Ah but then, time and again you've demonstrated that understanding what you read isn't your strong suit old thing.

2 minutes ago, homarus said:

In my opinion It's purely and simply down to the establishment who over decades have stripped away the right to discipline children from both  parents  and teachers .

Now the chickens are coming home to roost,who will they blame I wonder?

That theory (if you can call it one) only works if all children or a significant proportion of children who are not "disciplined" (i.e. physical force is used on them) "act up".

There is no evidence other than anecdotal that "disciplining" (i.e. using physical force) has any effect on children's behaviour (as a societal group rather than individuals).

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

Says the person who needs guidance on how to spot simple and obvious satire #notsatirethistime

Obvious if had been written by someone else.

11 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

That theory (if you can call it one) only works if all children or a significant proportion of children who are not "disciplined" (i.e. physical force is used on them) "act up".

There is no evidence other than anecdotal that "disciplining" (i.e. using physical force) has any effect on children's behaviour (as a societal group rather than individuals).

Discipline is about ensuring the following of rules.

The difficulty arises when the rules are those implied or even expressed within --- groups. (I can not bring myself to use the word "cultures" when referring to what is really tribalism). 

Discipline does not relate directly to the way that discipline is maintained.

1 minute ago, Rog said:

The difficulty arises when the rules are those implied or even expressed within --- groups. (I can not bring myself to use the word "cultures" when referring to what is really tribalism). 

I can imagine the sheer amount of effort you (and your ilk) are exerting to not call them niggers and pakis.

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

I can imagine the sheer amount of effort you (and your ilk) are exerting to not call them niggers and pakis.

Oh believe me, if I wanted to use such description I more than most "of my ilk" certainly would - but I don't. 

2 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

Say racist things, you get labelled a racist.

It's called facts Richard, you and your ilk are part of the problem. Duck and diving to avoid upsetting the ethnic minorities (?) who are causing the problems.

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

That sentence says more about you than anything else you have ever posted... disgraceful

Archived