London murder rate overtakes New York's

woody2

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dialogue of the deaf.

Khan has devolved responsibilities to deal with crime. In respect of these the local MPs including Boris have little influence beyond the bully pulpit. 

Boris as PM, rather than a local MP, can use his control of the legislative program to remove the mayor’s devolved powers. 

This though isn’t a simple thing to do - London’s devolved powers and budget are controversial and balanced by the politics of the other devolved polities. 

It would be best for the mayor to use his devolved powers in consensus with the other stakeholders. 

Scotland seems to have successfully done this with respect to knife crime in Glasgow. 

Khan needs to step up and use his powers to improve the situation. That’s his job not Boris’. 

We took an increasingly rare trip a couple of weeks ago and it really is awful. The East End is really filthy and frightening. Khan won't do what needs to be done for fear of upsetting his supporters. 

19 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

And the Prime Minister is powerless to do anything about it? Even in his own constituency? That's quite a daming statement you're making.

what chinahand said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

although knife crime is still happening in scotland they just don't call it that any more.....

£2.4m per year is been given to mosques from the met police budget ffs......

On 11/9/2019 at 12:58 PM, Rog said:

We took an increasingly rare trip a couple of weeks ago and it really is awful. The East End is really filthy and frightening. Khan won't do what needs to be done for fear of upsetting his supporters. 

Strange.

I only went to London a couple of weeks ago, and no point was I afraid.

Says more about you than it does London.

30 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Strange.

I only went to London a couple of weeks ago, and no point was I afraid.

Says more about you than it does London.

Yes. We stay well clear of places with a disgustingly high crime rate and can recognise them when we see them.

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

I'll take "things that only happened in Rog's head to make a made up point" for 50 points Bob.

Funny that, there's quite number of things that are now taking place in that shit hole that line up with what we observe.  

3 minutes ago, Rog said:

Funny that, there's quite number of things that are now taking place in that shit hole that line up with what we observe.  

You have to remember that after years of cutbacks under the guise of "austerity" there's a lot more poverty and deprivation about.

Had to laugh at Johnson's wizard wheeze to hire 20,000 more coppers. That's after his tory administration got rid of 20,000 coppers.

I wonder how much it cost to get rid of all those experienced people and then to recruit and train their replacements?

Personally I'll believe their much trumpeted "end of austerity" when VAT drops back down to 17.5%...

15 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

You were never there.  That never happened.

I pity the poor care home that has you wandering around it having your delusions.

Funny that, we regularly take a trip to top up with things we can't it locally it now mostly go no further than Ilford or Southgate. Certainly never into London any more. My illusions must be strange indeed because they go so far as filling the larder and freezer! 

19 hours ago, Rog said:

Funny that, we regularly take a trip to top up with things we can't it locally it now mostly go no further than Ilford or Southgate. Certainly never into London any more. My illusions must be strange indeed because they go so far as filling the larder and freezer! 

So your adding an imaginary fridge into your delusions...

They deserve medals your carers.

Archived