London murder rate overtakes New York's

woody2

I'm also reminded of the case years ago where upon hearing the burglars, the occupant locked himself and his wife in the bedroom, thinking this was the right thing to do. Two minutes later the door was smashed open and they got a good kicking while the bedroom was checked and cleared of valuables. 

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I'm also reminded of the case years ago where upon hearing the burglars, the occupant locked himself and his wife in the bedroom, thinking this was the right thing to do. Two minutes later the door was smashed open and they got a good kicking while the bedroom was checked and cleared of valuables. 

take NO chances "run em through" with whatever comes to hand,i DO have a weapon TO HAND and would not think twice on using it.

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

Did you read the Grauniad piece from the url I posted up and if so what did you think of it?

Yes I know that unlike most of the UK press the Grauniad is not rabidly right-wing but I thought that particular article was very informative.

the company that has been harvesting data from it users.....

You can use reasonable force to protect yourself or others if a crime is taking place inside your home.

This means you can:

• protect yourself ‘in the heat of the moment’ - this includes using an object as a weapon
  • stop an intruder running off - eg tackle them to the ground

There’s no specific definition of ‘reasonable force’ - it depends on the circumstances. If you only did what you honestly thought was necessary at the time, this would provide strong evidence that you acted within the law.

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

You can use reasonable force to protect yourself or others if a crime is taking place inside your home.

This means you can:

• protect yourself ‘in the heat of the moment’ - this includes using an object as a weapon
  • stop an intruder running off - eg tackle them to the ground

There’s no specific definition of ‘reasonable force’ - it depends on the circumstances. If you only did what you honestly thought was necessary at the time, this would provide strong evidence that you acted within the law.

You might get away with one whack of whatever weapon, after that the boys in blue will be taking you down the cells. It's the fecked up backwards world we are currently living in

6 hours ago, Neil Down said:

It's the fecked up backwards world we are currently living in

Why do people write "fecked" at the Manx Forums instead of "fucked"? Is it a Father Ted reference? Or an attempt to be quaint?

7 hours ago, Lxxx said:

I think you should always err on the side of safety. If in doubt take them out otherwise it could be you.

I wonder what Flinty's advice would be on this one now that the cuffs are off; and given that the police never caught (Or DID they ?) the burglars who committed over fifty known break-ins over a period of a few months. As far as we've been told, no arrests were ever made.

Also, to go back to the OP, I wonder (as someone hinted at before) what the colour of the pensioner and the deceased was ?   

42 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I wonder what Flinty's advice would be on this one now that the cuffs are off; and given that the police never caught (Or DID they ?) the burglars who committed over fifty known break-ins over a period of a few months. As far as we've been told, no arrests were ever made.

Also, to go back to the OP, I wonder (as someone hinted at before) what the colour of the pensioner and the deceased was ?   

I honestly never gave "that" angle a thought,very sloppy of me.it will be one of them strange people from far of exotic lands.

Archived