Winnie Mandela...

La Colombe

45 minutes ago, Rog said:

Oh dear, PLEASE ENGAGE BRAIN BEFORE "SEND".

The thousand bomber raids conducted against Germany were not against an occupied nation while the French resistance were indeed freedom fighters.

To the Germans (the occupying force), the French were Terrorists.

In SA, to the Apartheid government (the occupying force), the "blacks" were the Terrorists.

A little thing called perspective, you might want to try it sometimes.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

To the Germans (the occupying force), the French were Terrorists.

In SA, to the Apartheid government (the occupying force), the "blacks" were the Terrorists.

A little thing called perspective, you might want to try it sometimes.

There can be no denying that the French resistance fighters were just that and I doubt if the Germans ever thought of them as anything else for the simple reason that the French were attacking the German military machine and not German civilians.

As for ZA the government were not an occupying force.  In ZA the apartheid government was based on just that, apartheid.  The legitimate government of ZA may have had a form of government that the usual suspects found abhorrent but it worked well to the benefit of all.

Today ZA, like former Rhodesia, is an incredibly dangerous crap hole.

I first visited ZA in 1960 to stay with family for a short time. I've been back every couple of years since then though my last visit will probably be my last, and have seen a great and prosperous nation dragged into the gutter.  

1 minute ago, Rog said:

Today ZA, like former Rhodesia, is an incredibly dangerous crap hole.

And Apartheid isn't the cause of that?

(I'll give you a hint...it is the main cause of that.)

...abhorrent but it worked well to the benefit of all.

As long as you were white.  For black people...not so much.

2 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Apartheid was absolutely NOT the cause. As for being ok for Europeans but not for negroes or Cape Coloured the reality is that it was OK for all except the ANC scum who were set on driving "Whitey" out of Africa.

13 hours ago, Declan said:

There you go. It’s politically expedient for you to be outraged by Winnie’s crimes but you shrug off the brutal repression of an entire race. Crocodile Tears. 

So Mr Declan, have you ever been to SA?

2 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

Of course it is. As the rest of sub-Saharan Africa is showing as the continent shines as a beacon of democracy, transparent government and vibrant societies.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, Lxxx said:

Of course it is. As the rest of sub-Saharan Africa is showing as the continent shines as a beacon of democracy, transparent government and vibrant societies.

It makes me laugh that you expect Africa (as a whole) to "undo" the damage of hundreds of years of European and American "rape and pillage" in only a number of decades.

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

It makes me laugh that you expect Africa (as a whole) to "undo" the damage of hundreds of years of European and American "rape and pillage" in only a number of decades.

Damage? 

On 05/04/2018 at 8:00 AM, RIchard Britten said:

So murderous savagery, lawlessness and economic ruin is what has to happen to repair the damage caused by colonialism? What a strange mind you have. 

16 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

So murderous savagery, lawlessness and economic ruin is what has to happen to repair the damage caused by colonialism? What a strange mind you have. 

Economic ruin (a moot point - since most are no worse off) is nothing to do with the end of white racist rule. That model was never sustainable. The majority is SA are better-off and the country is less violent than during the resistance era.

Archived