Winnie Mandela...

La Colombe

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rog said:

in Africa the tribes just wandered living a strip-and-move-on lifestyle with no concept of land ownership.

This is a gross over-simplification. Like something out a Boys' Own annual from the 1940s.

But according to your argument, the colonials introduced the unknown concept of ownership which previously did not exist. And then declared that under this new concept they basically owned the entire land. That's colonialism for you. Theft.

2 hours ago, pongo said:

This is a gross over-simplification. Like something out a Boys' Own annual from the 1940s.

But according to your argument, the colonials introduced the unknown concept of ownership which previously did not exist. And then declared that under this new concept they basically owned the entire land. That's colonialism for you. Theft.

Not at all. The colonists staked a claim to areas of land that was owned by no-one before.  That's not theft, that's progress and resulted in investment to turn wilderness into civilised and productive land.

Then over the years further investment resulted in raw tribal savagery replaced by law, infrastructure introduced that benefited everyone by the creation of transport links, schools, hospitals, and further investment to free up previously unused resources that attracted yet more civilisation and on it went.

Then a bunch of savages aka the ANC wanted what the European colonists had created and eventually got it.

And just look at the result.

1 hour ago, Rog said:

Not at all. The colonists staked a claim to areas of land that was owned by no-one before.  That's not theft, that's progress and resulted in investment to turn wilderness into civilised and productive land.

Then over the years further investment resulted in raw tribal savagery replaced by law, infrastructure introduced that benefited everyone by the creation of transport links, schools, hospitals, and further investment to free up previously unused resources that attracted yet more civilisation and on it went.

Then a bunch of savages aka the ANC wanted what the European colonists had created and eventually got it.

And just look at the result.

A Totally fucked up country created by a bunch of savages.

The common misconception is that the colonialists came from europe in the 1700's and began turfing out tens of million of people native to the land, which isn't correct. South Africa at that time was largely uninhabited and what relatively few people there were led a largely migratory lifestyle. The subsequent influx of blacks came as a result of attempts to share in the spoils of the economic miracle that had been created out of what was once just sparse land and desert.

What we're seeing now is nothing more than state sponsored ethnic cleansing, which is quite evidently just a small part of a wider worldwide cleansing/diluting of the white race. Why this is happening and whether it's just an organic consequence of the changing face of the planet who knows, but it's clearly happening.

The Europeans arrived around the same time as the Africans from further north, and both squeezed out the aboriginals. The whites were more successful colonists because they had horses, access to European manufactured goods, guns, and crops that grew in the temperate climate. African labour was exploited to extract wealth from agriculture and mining, segregated and denied human rights. It’s a tragedy that the savage and war-minded Europeans perpetuated, indeed institutionalised tribal and ethnic divisions. It’s also a tragedy that if South Africa ever escapes from this legacy it will take generations.

Race is a social construct, often used by the weak to rationalise paranoia, fear, hatred or an inferiority complex - when I read racism on here I’m always reminded of the elderly depressed English / Scottish men you can find propping up bars around the island - spending their twilight years boozing the night away, their repetitive chatter always returning to a theme of reassurance that they are indeed members of some master-race, despite clearly being the most weedy, dull, and ugly selection of human beings you’ve ever seen.

8 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

The Europeans arrived around the same time as the Africans from further north, and both squeezed out the aboriginals. The whites were more successful colonists because they had horses, access to European manufactured goods, guns, and crops that grew in the temperate climate. African labour was exploited to extract wealth from agriculture and mining, segregated and denied human rights. It’s a tragedy that the savage and war-minded Europeans perpetuated, indeed institutionalised tribal and ethnic divisions. It’s also a tragedy that if South Africa ever escapes from this legacy it will take generations.

Race is a social construct, often used by the weak to rationalise paranoia, fear, hatred or an inferiority complex - when I read racism on here I’m always reminded of the elderly depressed English / Scottish men you can find propping up bars around the island - spending their twilight years boozing the night away, their repetitive chatter always returning to a theme of reassurance that they are indeed members of some master-race, despite clearly being the most weedy, dull, and ugly selection of human beings you’ve ever seen.

Nonsense.

Utter and total nonsense.

5 minutes ago, PottyLisa said:

Rog, you are the politest, most well spoken racist I have ever encountered.

An inspiration to racists everywhere.

Good for you :thumbsup:

Thanks, but you misspelled "realist".

22 hours ago, PottyLisa said:

No, I'm quite sure I didn't.

I'm trying to pay you a back-handed compliment here, have the good grace to accept it man.

No you are trying to patronise a decent well meaning individual who fortunately shares views different to yours.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:17 AM, Freggyragh said:

No-one on here is trying to excuse the early behaviours of colonialists or apartheid. What is being dispelled though is the fanciful notion that the ANC repatriating farms from white owners is somehow justifiably taking back what was once theirs, based on skin colour and the fact their descendants came from a few thousand miles up the African continent instead of a different continent altogether.

They should by all means work towards a fairer society for all but doing it using lawlessness and historical untruths isn't the way to go about it.  

21 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

No you are trying to patronise a decent well meaning individual who fortunately shares views different to yours.

Do you know what a back handed compliment is Lxxx?

Actually, come to think of it, do you realise what decency actually is?

I'm in no mood to get into a slanging match with the likes of your ilk so the last word belongs to you.

Archived