Rivers of blood revisited.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, pongo said:

You totally made that nonsense up.

It's also utterly contradictory since a colony, by definition ...

Made it up?  Not at all. As for colonies, by integrating with the host nation the colonists became assimilated (or predicted in spite of trying!) The simply added to the host nation anything in the way of knowledge or practices that were found to be beneficial or attractive by the population of the host nation.

1 minute ago, Rog said:

The simply added to the host nation anything in the way of knowledge or practices that were found to be beneficial or attractive by the population of the host nation.

Like the great way in which immigration has refreshed British culture since the 50s. Music, literature and food being obvious examples.

16 minutes ago, pongo said:

Like the great way in which immigration has refreshed British culture since the 50s. Music, literature and food being obvious examples.

Trivia, and at a ruinous cost.

In any case all highly subjective.

I can't abide so much "music" that was imported, very little literature that was worth a toss, and while many Far Eastern dishes are very good the absolute crap that passes for African and West Indian cuisine is disgusting in the extreme.

Not only horrible but like so much supposedly Indian (but actually Pakistani) "restaurants" and food outlets prepared under filthy conditions.

43 minutes ago, Rog said:

Made it up?  Not at all. As for colonies, by integrating with the host nation the colonists became assimilated (or predicted in spite of trying!) The simply added to the host nation anything in the way of knowledge or practices that were found to be beneficial or attractive by the population of the host nation.

We’re Irish navvies, Huguenot weavers, Jewish Eastern European emigre refugees, laland Scots in Ireland etc colonists? 

No. 

But yes, they were ghettoised.

Not just by choice, but because of native xenophobic fear of the different. 

Youre no different. 

Its so sad, your petty minded and bigoted views on race, colour, creed, dress, music, food, etc. Is no different than has been trotted out over the centuries and countries about Jews.

ive had good AfroCaribean food, I’ve had bad. I’ve had excellent South East Asian and sub continent cuisine. Great Central European and Eastern European food. Even great kosher food. I’ve also had terrible food of all those cuisines, and British food ( whatever that is )

As for music your opinion is your own. Not shared by many.

And that’s it. Opinion, in your case often perversely contradicting actual fact in the chase for substantiating your views, and stating opinion as fact when it clearly isn’t.

It’s the difference between having an open and a closed mind. 

1 hour ago, Rog said:

Trivia, and at a ruinous cost.

In any case all highly subjective.

I can't abide so much "music" that was imported, very little literature that was worth a toss, and while many Far Eastern dishes are very good the absolute crap that passes for African and West Indian cuisine is disgusting in the extreme.

Not only horrible but like so much supposedly Indian (but actually Pakistani) "restaurants" and food outlets prepared under filthy conditions.

Rog, with every posting you are outing yourself as a racist. Step back and read some of your posts.

I like others growing up  were always taught that Enoch Powell was the bogeyman ,and we believed it 100% ,I mean after all why not ?

As you get older you learn to think for yourself a little more unless you're a total sheep of course, but  having read the speech I suppose it could be taken as Anti-Black and certainly  in the cases of black/Asian   immigrants  that came in the fifties -sixties he was wrong as they integrated worked paid their taxes and shared the same beliefs .His content was 100% spot on he just identified the wrong group !

Most of what he said would happen has either come to pass already and still  ramping up ,he just identified the wrong groups and the wrong decades.

In short he was a visionary.

Mass uncontrolled  immigration  is killing the UK ! And  along with law and order is breaking down  ,I'd offer that" rivers of blood " is not a possibility ,it's a nailed on certainty but a small price to pay for a nice curry or Kebab I suppose ?

Another one convicted  last week by  in Bradford by the way  , a 12 year old girl groomed and repeatedly gang raped by several men ,held hostage for 3 days before escaping  .

A biscuit to first person who can correctly identify the ethnicity of those involved and also the ethnicity of the victim ?

The fact that in some cultures subjugating women is the norm is not exactly some kind of deep, dark secret.

They do it in some third world country and its allowed.

They do it in the UK and we lock them up.

They don't like it then fine. There are plenty of third world shitholes with no sanitation, health service, security etc etc that we can help them move to.....

3 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

............and the white policemen who have been killed in Ghetto riots? Toxteth springs to mind for starters...........

Pretty sure no policemen were killed in the Toxteth riots, perhaps you're confusing it with the Brixton riots?

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Rog, with every posting you are outing yourself as a racist. Step back and read some of your posts.

By the modern definition of racist I certainly am and have absolutely no problem with being so.

All I would say is that "realist" is a much better description of my stance

Archived