Rivers of blood revisited.

4 minutes ago, homarus said:

Only 9000 recorded cases ,yes I can see that!

Now I'm no Gynaecologist but even I know that it's probably pretty easy to identify when FGM has been carried out.

Proving who actually committed the mutilation is the difficult bit!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Now I'm no Gynaecologist but even I know that it's probably pretty easy to identify when FGM has been carried out.

Proving who actually committed the mutilation is the difficult bit!

If the child is below the UK legal age of consent then there is absolutely no reason why the parent or guardian should not be brought to book and every reason why they should.

6 minutes ago, Rog said:

If the child is below the UK legal age of consent then there is absolutely no reason why the parent or guardian should not be brought to book and every reason why they should.

Our legal system is designed to protect the rights of everyone. Even you Roger.

So you would have the parents "brought to book" even if you had zero evidence that they carried out the mutilation?

Don't see that working....

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Our legal system is designed to protect the rights of everyone. Even you Roger.

So you would have the parents "brought to book" even if you had zero evidence that they carried out the mutilation?

Don't see that working....

I deliberately chose "brought to book" rather than being prosecuted because of what the term means which is essentially brought before a court of some sort to explain what had taken place, how, by whom, and why.  

Hopefully in most cases prosecution would then follow.

The problem is actually identifying them. They’re done, mainly, by religious, non medically qualified, men, or whilst abroad, and don’t come to the attention of the authorities unless something goes wrong or the girl/woman has to be examined, years later, for something else.

Fully in favour of it being included as a type of child abuse offence for parents and careers who allow it to happen.

Now, how about we make non medically indicated male circumcision an offence as well.

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The problem is actually identifying them. They’re done, mainly, by religious, non medically qualified, men, or whilst abroad, and don’t come to the attention of the authorities unless something goes wrong or the girl/woman has to be examined, years later, for something else.

Fully in favour of it being included as a type of child abuse offence for parents and careers who allow it to happen.

Now, how about we make non medically indicated male circumcision an offence as well.

Thing is that unlike female genital mutilation removal of the male foreskin is PROVEN to have medical benefit especially today when casual sex is commonplace.

8 minutes ago, Rog said:

Thing is that unlike female genital mutilation removal of the male foreskin is PROVEN to have medical benefit especially today when casual sex is commonplace.

Personally I think children should only be circumcised when they've been really really naughty.....

6 hours ago, P.K. said:

Oh do come off it.

We prosecute those we catch and lock them up.

The FGM issue is a tricky one. Lack of evidence?

the muslim mayor has allowed 9 to open, can't be that hard to track down.....

the amount of the victims is also putting a massive cost on the nhs.......

26 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Radio 4 Broadcast now on youtube for those that missed it...and are making comments not even having heard it :wacko:

That pretty much happened on here earlier on...:flowers:

5 hours ago, Rog said:

The actual medical evidence is exactly the opposite

Archived