Appalling treatment of the windrush generation

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, pongo said:

If it happened today - about half the country would probably be tuned into Lord Haw Haw. Arguing that the BBC and Reichssender Hamburg were equally biased and whining that Churchill & co were liberal elites. They'd calling for King Edward to be brought back and for a peace with Germany. Talking about how pleased they were to see a return of nationalism across the continent. And linking to stuff Goebbels would be posting at Breitbart. 

Interesting take. I wonder what would really happen. :)

I think if the Remainers who wrote the contributions I read in the Guardian are anything to go by, not very much at all. Of course it won't be that kind of symmetrical war with one defined force against another that gets us in the end. This baby will implode from within after a long process of osmosis.

8 hours ago, woolley said:

Interesting take. I wonder what would really happen. :)

I think if the Remainers who wrote the contributions I read in the Guardian are anything to go by, not very much at all. Of course it won't be that kind of symmetrical war with one defined force against another that gets us in the end. This baby will implode from within after a long process of osmosis.

Well...

As young men are more aware of the futility of global warfare, aware of the injuries (after seeing countless other young men come back draped in flags or missing limbs) and have better things to do than die for some cause of the elites (take your pick...oil, "religion", spreading democracy, etc) we would see whole generations of young men go off to die in someone else's wars.

58 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Well...

As young men are more aware of the futility of global warfare, aware of the injuries (after seeing countless other young men come back draped in flags or missing limbs) and have better things to do than die for some cause of the elites (take your pick...oil, "religion", spreading democracy, etc) we would see whole generations of young men go off to die in someone else's wars.

no need for boots on the ground anymore.......

11 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

You can just type God, ya prick. You’re a self-proclaimed atheist. 

It's about a thing called respect towards those people why might read this and to whom writing in such a way is very important.

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

Well...

Ton Blair having left government significantly reduces the risk of such things.

Just now, RIchard Britten said:

Go on then, I'll indulge you.

Yes, English is my first language.  I would ask the same given your track record of man handling it like a silver back gorilla.

In my case English was not my first language. At least I have an excuse my dear.

But given that English is YOUR first language I find it sad that it does not extend to understanding it.

Archived