Appalling treatment of the windrush generation

it gets better.....

Diane Abbott said the government was "wrong to dismiss the importance of the landing cards" as many Windrush cases turned on when someone entered the country "and the fact that they were just thrown away shows the Home Office doesn't have a care for Commonwealth migrants".

:lol:

so that would be labour......

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, woody2 said:

this shouldn't be about political point scoring which labour have turned it into, everyone should want it sorting out straight away......

the labour run unions are the ones making these errors, instead of been sacked for incompetence they are asking for a wage rise.....

since when has paying more to a incompetent worker made them better at the job.......

seems to work for IOM civil servants...

If reports of the Windrush immigrants' treatment are true, they have been unfairly handled.  I remember their arrival and the surprise of most English by this.  Landlords displayed notices saying 'no blacks or irish' in their windows leaving many bewildered and frightened.  Eventually, as numbers were moderate, they were assimilated and tolerated.  I lived in a large industrial midlands town.  Black folk (am I allowed to say that?) were not especially targeted.  In fact, we all felt uneasy out at night in certain areas.  I saw hideous beatings of all colours.  I expect the iom was well insulated from this vile behaviour.

Destroying the landing cards was a huge mistake.

But, how have these people been untraceable since they arrived? Were there no school records, NI and NHS numbers, tax returns, electoral roll, council tax etc?  There is something greatly amiss here, and I do not mean on the part of the immigrants. 

the simple answer is local elections are due......

labour have got involved in the last week due to  lord kerslake, advising corbyn.....

landing cards wouldn't of helped as you have to prove continuous residence, i gave a statement around 2005 for someone i had know since the early 80's, it nothing new.....

alan johnson comments stood out last night....

home secretary from June 2009 until May 2010 - said the UK Border Agency had taken the "administrative decision" to destroy the landing cards in 2009, although he was unaware of it.

then went on to say.....

"It wasn't just the Windrush landing cards it was this mass of paperwork that had built up over 50 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43835664

so he did know something.....

certain civil servants (labour union members) have gone after these people purely for political gain, it stinks....

Alan Johnson is a nice bloke. Almost everyone from any political direction is going to agree. It would be twisted to try to twist what he has said to make some cheap party political point about something as meaningless as Labour vs Tory. When, let's face it, there is very little difference between normal Labour and normal Tory.

14 minutes ago, pongo said:

Alan Johnson is a nice bloke. Almost everyone from any political direction is going to agree. It would be twisted to try to twist what he has said to make some cheap party political point about something as meaningless as Labour vs Tory. When, let's face it, there is very little difference between normal Labour and normal Tory.

its clear he did know about it, its labour that have turned it into a political matter no one else, it backfired.....

i have already stated it should be sorted out asap.....

Diane Abbott: "Who can have confidence in Amber Rudd if she doesn’t seem able to get basic facts right?

:lol: diane who is never wrong.....

rudd is getting fed info from the labour unionized home office, clear hatchet job.....

WMD / Iraq Diane?  And then there's the stuff you didn't know in a series of embarrasing radio interviews.

WMD/Iraq was a basic fact that was 'got wrong' to our considerable detriment and that will impact for decades.

The treatment of these people has been appalling. However the basic mistake was considering them (due to a technicality not of their making) as illegals.

Had they been true illegals then I think many  would be congratualting the HS.  Getting rid of illegals in my opinion is fine as long as you don't accidentally forget the white one who speak english as a first language of which there are many.

Strange old world.

has a genuine case been found yet? the one corbyn keeps going on about isn't windrush and the others seem to be cases in which they left the uk for over 2 years......

the landing cards have been found in the national archive......

Archived