Cyber terrorist jailed

18 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

After he's released he'll be earning megabucks, testing security systems is massive business. Friend of mine does it (hasn't been to prison for it) and has the best business cards as his job title is "Penetration tester".

That could be taken two ways. I hope your friend isn't :o

I rather doubt he will pick up "mega bucks" employment.  I certainly would not have employed him because he has shown himself to be fundementaly disloyal and incredibly stupid.

2 hours ago, Rog said:

I rather doubt he will pick up "mega bucks" employment.  I certainly would not have employed him because he has shown himself to be fundementaly disloyal and incredibly stupid.

Disloyal to who? He's a British citizen and was hacking the Americans.

Incredibly stupid? Would you have any idea how to access the CIA's computer system from your own bedroom?

4 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Disloyal to who? He's a British citizen and was hacking the Americans.

Incredibly stupid? Would you have any idea how to access the CIA's computer system from your own bedroom?

Fortunately or unfortunately the USA is an ally of the UK and to hack US government facilities that as a result will result in considerable cost is hardly disloyal.

As for being stupid doing what he actually did was incredibly stupid in itself.

23 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

After he's released he'll be earning megabucks, testing security systems is massive business. Friend of mine does it (hasn't been to prison for it) and has the best business cards as his job title is "Penetration tester".

I knew one of them once.  He failed

Archived