Royal Wedding

hissingsid

3 minutes ago, woolley said:

I'd just ask anyone who thinks it's a great, lazy, parasitic life if they would like to swap places. I know I wouldn't. Wouldn't be long before I gave Nicholas Witchell a gobful, that's for sure.

LOL!  I'd swop with them in an instant! They DO live a lazy parasitic life!

23 minutes ago, woolley said:

@pongoThey are not actors playing a part. That would not be quite so bad. These are real people and their actual it is their actual selves rather than artificial personas that are on display and up for analysis, comment and ridicule by anyone who is wants to indulge in the gossip. They cannot simply go out and indulge in many of life's simple pleasures that we all enjoy without being hounded. I guess they are born to it and just get on with it. Hellish existence.

I think that you've fallen for the propaganda from the "Firm".

29 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I predict their first born will be the first ginger black kid since wes brown.

One never can be sure where miscegenation is involved.

55 minutes ago, Rog said:

LOL!  I'd swop with them in an instant! They DO live a lazy parasitic life!

but you already do live a parasitic  life Rog  , trouble is that in a republic the president is likely to be someone like you who has bribed his/her way into a position of power .

Edited by paswt
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

It's the way forward rog. I'm sure meghan's nose would look good on your wife.

Wot?  In addition to her present conk?

Gawd, she wouldn't be able to turn round without knocking something off a shelf!

5 minutes ago, paswt said:

but you already do live a parasitic  life Rog  , trouble is that in a republic the president is likely to be someone like you who has bribed his/her way into a position of power .

Just curious, why do you think that the way that I live is parasitic?  

In any case an elected head of state would be a marked improvement over the present inbred dysfunctional shower and all the hangers on!

Edited by Rog

1 hour ago, Rog said:

I would take issue with the claim that the RF generate more money for the state than they cost. 

The Crown Estates profits handed over to the state in the 18th century dwarf the cost of the Royal Household.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36643314

I don't have strong feelings on the monarchy one way or the other but watching the machinations of other systems, I am not persuaded that they are any better.

Edited by woolley

9 minutes ago, Rog said:

Just curious, why do you think that the way that I live is parasitic?  

In any case an elected head of state would be a marked improvement over the present inbred dysfunctional shower and all the hangers on!

Because by your own admission you a spiv who has bought people in order to secure contracts  in Africa and justify your actions by saying "It's common practice". 

"Inbred" well you should know all about that given your pride in claiming your 'heritage' :lol:

I hold no brief for the "hangers on"  but on your island the number of failed politicians who are 'employed' by the state  could well be described as "hangers on" , it would probably be one of those that you would be offered the chance to vote for as president in a republic:)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, war baby said:

So, as I asked a few pages back, who would you wish to see elected?  Nobody provides a satisfactory answer.  Keep the Queen.

Well I wrote Rees-Mogg.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paswt said:

Because by your own admission you a spiv who has bought people in order to secure contracts  in Africa and justify your actions by saying "It's common practice". 

"Inbred" well you should know all about that given your pride in claiming your 'heritage' :lol:

I hold no brief for the "hangers on"  but on your island the number of failed politicians who are 'employed' by the state  could well be described as "hangers on" , it would probably be one of those that you would be offered the chance to vote for as president in a republic:)

When I was EMPLOYED it was customary to make under the table payments in most African countries. 

As for my heritage, where on earth do you get the idea that inbreeding is the norm? Because believe me the rules on who can wed who are very strict and very rigourously observed. (had to have your little Jude Haas dig didn't you.) 

As for the rest, are you drunk this early on a Sunday?