Royal Wedding

hissingsid

As Woolley said earlier, I don't think I would want the life of a major Royal. It may look glamorous and in many ways it is but they seem to have a punishing schedule of functions where they are continually under the microscope. They can't ever just be a normal person and take time out like Queen Victoria did with almost disastrous results. They have no real power, they can only hope to influence the conscience of the nation. 

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

As Woolley said earlier, I don't think I would want the life of a major Royal. It may look glamorous and in many ways it is but they seem to have a punishing schedule of functions where they are continually under the microscope. They can't ever just be a normal person and take time out like Queen Victoria did with almost disastrous results. They have no real power, they can only hope to influence the conscience of the nation. 

My life, the propaganda machine has done a good job.

16 minutes ago, woolley said:

The Crown Estates profits handed over to the state in the 18th century dwarf the cost of the Royal Household.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36643314

I don't have strong feelings on the monarchy one way or the other but watching the machinations of other systems, I am not persuaded that they are any better.

There should be no crown estates.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rog said:

When I was EMPLOYED it was customary to make under the table payments in most African countries. 

As for my heritage, where on earth do you get the idea that inbreeding is the norm? Because believe me the rules on who can wed who are very strict and very rigourously observed. (had to have your little Jude Haas dig didn't you.) 

As for the rest, are you drunk this early on a Sunday?

When I was "employed"  ....... under orders etc  didn't they say that in Nuremburg?:)

I was advised by my many Jewish friends that the term "marrying out" was frowned on by many of their fraternity , you were alleging  "inbreeding" .

I regard you playing the "race card " as a pathetic joke and says more about your hypocrisy  given your undeniable racist posts on this site.

"drunk this early on aSunday"...............:lol: , you really shouldn't judge everyone by your own  standards .

Hope this helps

7 minutes ago, paswt said:

When I was "employed"  ....... under orders etc  didn't they say that in Nuremburg?:)

I was advised by my many Jewish friends that the term "marrying out" was frowned on by many of their fraternity , you were alleging  "inbreeding" .

I regard you playing the "race card " as a pathetic joke and says more about your hypocrisy  given your undeniable racist posts on this site.

"drunk this early on aSunday"...............:lol: , you really shouldn't judge everyone by your own  standards .

Hope this helps

Os.

Or rather external os.

In other words the quintessential part of a vagina.

23 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Frankie Boyle has no business calling anyone a racist. There's no one more full of piss and bile than him. How anyone finds him funny is way beyond me.

I'm not a big royalist but I actually liked watching the Royal Wedding. Beautiful weather; everyone happy; all that fascinating history and the backdrop of Windsor Castle and Chapel; beautiful dresses on the women; great wedding service and Meghan Markle looked fabulous. Real magic. Better than watching Mourinho sucking a lemon at Wembley.

I watched the highlights programme - lovely except for the ceremony itself with its endless religious mumbo jumbo!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Augustus said:

Can anyone tell me who this Rog jackass is and from under which rock he crawled?

Just a nutjob with a dodgy religious upbringing. Paranoid, egotistical, delusional and patronising.

Apart from that he's a nice fella.:)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rog said:

I would take issue with the claim that the RF generate more money for the state than they cost. 

They probably cost pro rata about the same as our raft of elected and non elected buffoons ! only the UK taxpayers get a bit more in return !

40 minutes ago, woody2 said:

the queen still owns 1/6th of the worlds landmass......

If the RF were made to pay inheritance taxes that would change as indeed it should. There's tax avoidance, there's tax evasion, there's tax dodging, there's even money laundering, and there's what the RF get away with.