This Forum

TheTool

heh, good point WSAG. :D

Let's see Rog, you intend to emmigrate to another country, sponge off their services (police, street lighting, roads, garbage disposal, water, drain system - those sort of things) then dodge their taxes?

Reckon the locals will think you're a sponging immigrant?

No, I'll be paying my taxes and not drawing any pension from them No scrounfging involved!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, so how do you stop people moving there just to get the dosh and move back home again? It's stupid idea anyway, we need immigrants to keep up the work force - especially with so many of our own young emmigrating to other countries...

Well I was writing about retired people ---.

heh, good point WSAG. :D

Let's see Rog, you intend to emmigrate to another country, sponge off their services (police, street lighting, roads, garbage disposal, water, drain system - those sort of things) then dodge their taxes?

Reckon the locals will think you're a sponging immigrant?

No, I'll be paying my taxes and not drawing any pension from them No scrounfging involved!

The use of the word "circumvent" would tend to imply that you would not be settling all the taxes that would fall due. Im sure that wouldnt really happen now would it :D

I'd rather not read the tripe of a lunatic-fringe homophobic with close ties to the HBDG (a core group of racists, anti-immigrationists, homophobes and transphobes) and I certainly wouldn't take it as a balanced view of any social issue in the UK.

Your choice of authoratitive source for confirmation of your own misaligned views speaks absolute volumes for the type of person you are.

Good grief! Some of the racist views on here are deeply unpleasant.

I just can't understand how some people are so damned smug and superior that they seem to think that their nationality or skin colour is somehow a personal achievement.

It's a difference and until we all learn to bend a bit and understand a bit about others, and also condemn terrorism from any source, bigots of all colours and creeds will continue to spread their poison.

it's about nationality and managing retirement for British people and people who are first generation immigrants.

I know dam fine that If I were from Jamiaca and had the option of a few grand in my hand, a pension, and a plane ticket back to Jamaica I would be off faster than a kosher foreskin.

So how would this scheme apply to genuine asylum seekers.

Would it, for example, be applied to the people who have feld from Zimbabwe because otherwise the Mugabe government will destroy them? Would it apply to all the immigrants (black & white) who fled from Uganda and other parts of East Africa a number of years ago and have, to a very large extent, worked hard, made a living, contributed to the economy of the UK and blended into its society? Would you also suggest that it ought to be applied to all the Jewish people who were first generation immigrants to Palestine/Israel? Would it also apply to all the British emigrants to Australia - with assistance from the UK govt - in the 1950s?

Immigration/emigration, whether for finacial or safety reasons has been a fact of life throughout history. Every country has, at some time or other, tried to kick against it on either racial or economic grounds but, ultimately, at least a portion of those entering a country have stayed and become absorbed in its society over time.

As someone who declares pride in his Jewish roots, I would have expected you to be a little more sympathetic to races or nationalities that have trouble being accepted in foreign lands.

So Rog, FMCR............. are you saying that I should leave the country?

- we'll forget that I am at the year end for now! :P

I might be white, but im an immigrant, and I was also brought up in Fiji from the ages of 3 months - 4yrs old, and I was brought up with *gasp, shock horror* coloured people, or as I like to call them fijians and indians. And when I moved back to NZ most of my class mates were Maoris. So because that was the beginning of my upbringing should I go back to the jungle?

it's about nationality and managing retirement for British people and people who are first generation immigrants.

I know dam fine that If I were from Jamiaca and had the option of a few grand in my hand, a pension, and a plane ticket back to Jamaica I would be off faster than a kosher foreskin.

So how would this scheme apply to genuine asylum seekers.

Would it, for example, be applied to the people who have feld from Zimbabwe because otherwise the Mugabe government will destroy them? Would it apply to all the immigrants (black & white) who fled from Uganda and other parts of East Africa a number of years ago and have, to a very large extent, worked hard, made a living, contributed to the economy of the UK and blended into its society? Would you also suggest that it ought to be applied to all the Jewish people who were first generation immigrants to Palestine/Israel? Would it also apply to all the British emigrants to Australia - with assistance from the UK govt - in the 1950s?

Immigration/emigration, whether for finacial or safety reasons has been a fact of life throughout history. Every country has, at some time or other, tried to kick against it on either racial or economic grounds but, ultimately, at least a portion of those entering a country have stayed and become absorbed in its society over time.

As someone who declares pride in his Jewish roots, I would have expected you to be a little more sympathetic to races or nationalities that have trouble being accepted in foreign lands.

Wow, what a busy afternoon! The racist card is a real hot potato! As far as I can see Rog has demonstrated an ambivalent attitude to all the strands above, using the one which suits his personal position better. I also wish he would learn how to spell "damn@.

I have no problem with immigrants; I do have a problem with the "ghettoisation" that, sadly, goes hand in hand with it and the racial tensions that produces. How much if this is caused by the immigrants or the indiginous population is hard to say. I believe that a huge amount of tolerance would go a long way. It matters not the colour of the skin, the religious or ethnic background - there are good and bad in all camps. The problem is a lack of tolerance and understanding feeds backlashes and extremist views.

Archived