ID required

Rog

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Freggyragh said:

When all you’ve got left is stamping your feet, wailing and cheap insults, you know you’ve been soundly beaten and humiliated. Thanks for the laughs. Just letting you know how much I’m enjoying your pain. 

Pain!  

Trust me, bubbala, the only slight discomfort you cause me, and that is more regret, is that you have such a horribly distorted and TOTALLY wrong image about Judaism and israel! 

Pain!

in your dreams my love! 

2 hours ago, Rog said:

Well I certainly hate the EU and not that long ago was very anti-ID cards but sadly the country is in such a state because of open borders and uncontrolled immigration not to mention the ludicrous attempt at creating a multicultural society with disasterous consequences  I am absolutely convinced that a mandatory ID card is desperately needed. An thing that should be carried at all times by law and if it is forgotten then some other acceptable form if ID should be produced and a fixed penalty on the spot fine issued.  It might be considered as draconian,  but the dreadful state OUR country is now in has become essential.

Tattoo ID numbers on the arms of undesirables.

It's a pain in the neck having to remember it. And it's yet another thing you have to be careful not to lose or forget - at the beach, messing about in boats, out for a night, in a rush to leave for work at 5am etc etc......... But what a faff.

Completely agree but then you don't usually have to carry a multitude of other documents.

On balance I am still in favour of mandatory ID unless there are penalties for forgetting it. That would be way over the top.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Tattoo ID numbers on the arms of undesirables.

Not a bad idea, especially illegals and bogus asylum seekers (which means ALL of them).

24 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Completely agree but then you don't usually have to carry a multitude of other documents.

On balance I am still in favour of mandatory ID unless there are penalties for forgetting it. That would be way over the top.

Why?

5 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

There’s nothing wrong with having a mandatory id, it would be helpful. But making it compulsory to carry at all times is a dick move. 

Dilligaf didn’t understand Declan’s comment. Declan was saying mandatory cards are ok, but that it shouldn’t be mandatory to carry one at all times. One of the things to enjoy on these forums is the interaction between the well informed and the barely literate (eg; Quilp and Woody), likewise the high brow reasoning (Chinahand, John Wright) and the playground stuff (Rog, et al). 

I’m not high brow, and having met Quilp I wouldn’t say he was either I’ll informed or illiterate.

As for W2 and Rog, I don’t agree with their opinions on many things, and I do wonder what it is in their background and make up that makes them (and others) present opinion as incontrovertible fact, frequently.

But then anyone who has been brought up or lived in the UK for the last 40 years and reads certain sectors of the media has been fed misinformation and fake facts ( way before the term became popular ) so perhaps it’s unsurprising.

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’m not high brow, and having met Quilp I wouldn’t say he was either I’ll informed or illiterate.

As for W2 and Rog, I don’t agree with their opinions on many things, and I do wonder what it is in their background and make up that makes them (and others) present opinion as incontrovertible fact, frequently.

But then anyone who has been brought up or lived in the UK for the last 40 years and reads certain sectors of the media has been fed misinformation and fake facts ( way before the term became popular ) so perhaps it’s unsurprising.

In my case I was schooled on the island but have spent over 50+ years living, studying, and working  'away' though visited periodically to see family, especially my mum who died in 1976. Over that time I've done, seen, and experienced many things, some of which there are some folk on this forum just wouldn't believe. Experience is a hard tutor, but what experience teaches goes in deep.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

bbc isn't that bad.....

2 hours ago, Rog said:

In my case I was schooled on the island but have spent over 50+ years living, studying, and working  'away' though visited periodically to see family, especially my mum who died in 1976. Over that time I've done, seen, and experienced many things, some of which there are some folk on this forum just wouldn't believe.

Sounds a bit Batty to me.

6 hours ago, pongo said:

It's a pain in the neck having to remember it. And it's yet another thing you have to be careful not to lose or forget - at the beach, messing about in boats, out for a night, in a rush to leave for work at 5am etc etc.

I cannot see any significant reason to be expected to always carry it - except perhaps if you are lucky enough to look too young to be buying beer. If you are renting a car or making a significant transaction then, yes, you are probably going to have to make sure you show your papers. But what a faff.

Microchip under the skin then? Like yer dog?

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Indeed!

Archived