ID required

Rog

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, pongo said:

Your use of words like bubbala is an affectation. It's not how you talked at school and it's not how you talk to your neighbours.

Whenever I let slip with a Yiddish word at school it was usually followed by a lot of verbal AND physical  jew hatred both at Onchan and later Ballakermeen though not so much when I went up to King Bill's.  After leaving the island and moving to Manchester for me so very much changed.

I had digs in Cheetham Hill and it was like coming home.

We had always mixed Yiddish and English at home, often changing from one to another in mid sentence (!) so very soon I was again openly slipping Yiddish in to things I was saying because there are something's that are much more easily expressed in Yiddish than English, and do so to this day.

It's been said that when it comes to language English is best for duplicity and obfuscation, French for matters diplomatic, Hebrew for anything religious, but when it comes to a time you want to be really seriously insulting you can't better Yiddish!

So no, little pongo.

Wrong again.

39 minutes ago, Rog said:

Whenever I let slip with a Yiddish word at school it was usually followed by a lot of verbal AND physical  jew hatred both at Onchan and later Ballakermeen though not so much when I went up to King Bill's.  After leaving the island and moving to Manchester for me so very much changed.

I had digs in Cheetham Hill and it was like coming home.

We had always mixed Yiddish and English at home, often changing from one to another in mid sentence (!) so very soon I was again openly slipping Yiddish in to things I was saying because there are something's that are much more easily expressed in Yiddish than English, and do so to this day.

It's been said that when it comes to language English is best for duplicity and obfuscation, French for matters diplomatic, Hebrew for anything religious, but when it comes to a time you want to be really seriously insulting you can't better Yiddish!

So no, little pongo.

Wrong again.

You’ve previously said that your superior worldly experience informed your nasty, stupid opinions, but it turns out you’ve been a touchy little snowflake all your life. 

15 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

You’ve previously said that your superior worldly experience informed your nasty, stupid opinions, but it turns out you’ve been a touchy little snowflake all your life. 

Well I don't know about that, but what I do wonder if your Jude Haas might have something to do with any of your family having been killed or injured in the illegal attempt to keep my people from returning to our internationally recognised homeland?

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Microchip under the skin then? Like yer dog?

It would be less bother to remember. But no more or less of an imposition. It's the same really - being chipped vs being forced to carry papers.

1 hour ago, pongo said:

Suffolk?

Nah.  Israel.  

Anyone can live in "Silly" Suffolk if they can afford the high prices in the decent parts, we chose to live in Norfolk although a tad more expensive when we saw the house we bought it was love at first site. 

"Silly"?

Actually a corruption of the Old English "Selig" which means holy given because of the number of churches in the county. 

1 hour ago, pongo said:

It would be less bother to remember. But no more or less of an imposition. It's the same really - being chipped vs being forced to carry papers.

We now need this in spite of it being an imposition.  Bliar and the EU effectively destroyed the borders that protected us and so we must now build in at least some protection and ID cards provide at least a bit.

Just now, pongo said:

Doesn't seem fair really does it? Some of us having more than one country whilst others haven't got one at all.

Who said life was fair?  

On the other hand I consider myself English with Israel being my family eternal homeland way back to at least 2000 years before even the start of CE.

2 minutes ago, Rog said:

On the other hand I consider myself English with Israel being my family eternal homeland way back to at least 2000 years before even the start of CE.

Where did you do your military service?

46 minutes ago, Rog said:

Who said life was fair? 

It certainly isn't that. No purpose in bemoaning the fact, but life is often what you make it. Too many spend too much time wallowing in self-pity about their humble beginnings and how unjust it all is while doing nothing about it. Nobody is going to change your lot other than yourself.

Archived