ID required

Rog

10 hours ago, woolley said:

It certainly isn't that. No purpose in bemoaning the fact, but life is often what you make it. Too many spend too much time wallowing in self-pity about their humble beginnings and how unjust it all is while doing nothing about it. Nobody is going to change your lot other than yourself.

Very true but some unfortunately will resort to any means to advance their own personal wealth/status .

Sometimes these same " self made" individuals who "worship their creator" :lol:, forget where they have come from , then  attempt to justify the means whereby they achieved their "success" by denigrating those who were unable or unwilling to stoop to the methods that they chose to achieve it.

Just saying

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, paswt said:

Very true but some unfortunately will resort to any means to advance their own personal wealth/status .

Sometimes these same " self made" individuals who "worship their creator" :lol:, forget where they have come from , then  attempt to justify the means whereby they achieved their "success" by denigrating those who were unable or unwilling to stoop to the methods that they chose to achieve it.

Just saying

I absolutely agree. The number of supposedly Christians who act in anything anywhere near the guidelines of Christianity is horrifying.

6 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Rog, seeing as you return every discussion to your favourite refrain of  ‘I’m so happy being Jewish, the rest of you are untermenshen” why don’t you start a thread on that very topic. 

Where have I done that?

Your obsession is becoming tedious.

13 hours ago, Rog said:

On the other hand I consider myself English with Israel being my family eternal homeland way back to at least 2000 years before even the start of CE.

Did you volunteer in 1973? Have you volunteered at all?

Or is this all just bs?

12 minutes ago, pongo said:

Did you volunteer in 1973? Have you volunteered at all?

Or is this all just bs?

No, little pongo, it's not any form of BS. 

It's a strange characteristic that some Manx folk have, something that I've not encountered anywhere else in the world (fact) that if there's a thing that they can't or maybe won't understand they immediately deny it's possibility and react accordingly. 

ETA - As for your other question, what I may or may not have done is immaterial just as it is immaterial if it was at one point in time or over a number of years. 

Ah the usual types wrapping themselves up in "patriotism, national pride and 'ar Kultya'".

Reminds me of a documentary that followed the rebranding of the nationalist movements in the UK and US.

Gone was the skinheads, tattoos and swearing, and now there is suits, slick hair cuts and honeyed words.

Still racist pricks, just better at blending into normal society.

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

Ah the usual types wrapping themselves up in "patriotism, national pride and 'ar Kultya'".

Reminds me of a documentary that followed the rebranding of the nationalist movements in the UK and US.

Gone was the skinheads, tattoos and swearing, and now there is suits, slick hair cuts and honeyed words.

Still racist pricks, just better at blending into normal society.

skinheads aren't racist.....

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

skinheads aren't racist.....

It's a bit like muslims and terrorism. Some skinheads are racist, but not all skinheads are racist. 

Incidentally, there was an interesting documentary on the Skinhead movement on BBC4. It was bizarre watching  the neo-Nazi skinhead types trying to deny that that there was no Caribbean influence on their music. 

Archived