Here's just on e EU regulation that will still apply post-Brexit

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5458836/gdpr-compliance-data-protection-date-deadline-2018-brexit/

I have today received a booklet from my pension provider the P&O Pension Scheme and it explains that the General Data Protection Regulations of the EU will come into force on May 26th and continue to apply after Brexit and also how it brings data protection up to date.

The simplest and most popularly written explanation can be found in a past edition of "The Sun"..as above...

I expect a lot more EU regulation will retain a cosy nest in various aspects of the UK's "Deal".

3 minutes ago, Rog said:

No doubt many will because some are desirable, but many are not.

BREXIT once achieved will allow these to be rescinded over a period of time.

Yes. The difference being that you can ditch what is bad or unnecessary without trying to overturn the other 27. You may choose not to, but at least you have a choice at national level. That is the important principle.

1 minute ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Hope springs eternal etc

Indeed, but some hope is a whole lot better than no hope which is the position that being under the horrid EU resulted in.

13 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5458836/gdpr-compliance-data-protection-date-deadline-2018-brexit/

I have today received a booklet from my pension provider the P&O Pension Scheme and it explains that the General Data Protection Regulations of the EU will come into force on May 26th and continue to apply after Brexit and also how it brings data protection up to date.

The simplest and most popularly written explanation can be found in a past edition of "The Sun"..as above...

I expect a lot more EU regulation will retain a cosy nest in various aspects of the UK's "Deal".

Deals can be renaged on.

36 minutes ago, woolley said:

Yes. The difference being that you can ditch what is bad or unnecessary without trying to overturn the other 27. You may choose not to, but at least you have a choice at national level. That is the important principle.

That was probably the strongest argument that for Brexit. But look at the people who will decide what's acceptable or not - horrid little ideologues like Liam Fox and Michael Gove. 

53 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

all laws and regulations will be made into uk law:rolleyes: hardly breaking news.......

gdpr is another eu fuckup.....

7 minutes ago, Declan said:

That was probably the strongest argument that for Brexit. But look at the people who will decide what's acceptable or not - horrid little ideologues like Liam Fox and Michael Gove. 

Would you have denied African countries self-determination on the basis that chaps like Mugabe and Amin would come to power? It's not a sound argument for subjection to an external power. I prefer our bastards to Brussels' bastards. At least they are answerable within the limits of our constitution.

1 hour ago, Declan said:

I rather like Fox and especially Gove.

Archived