Paris knife attack

woody2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, guzzi said:

That crosses the line Woody. Please apologise.

It might be harsh but it is only pointing out the consequences of the folly of the liberalism being advocated by yourself and others. If it was my family being decapitated or disemboweled on the streets of their home town, I would be holding our liberal idiot leaders fully responsible. If that's xenophobia, I'll wear it. (actually it isn't).

1 hour ago, guzzi said:

I fear right wing authoritarianism, buoyed up by dumb, senseless xenophobia and nihilistic popularism a lot more than I fear terrorism. 

I fear you can see no further than the end of your nose.

11 minutes ago, woolley said:

I fear you can see no further than the end of your nose.

I have twice been quite close to terrorist attacks. My office was bombed by a PIRA 'pot boiler' in the '90s, putting the windows in and slightly injuring a passing postie.  I was rather closer to the 7/7 London bombings, having been at Kings Cross very shortly after Jermaine Lindsey detonated his bomb on the Piccadilly Line and seen many of the less severely wounded victims.

I can see both the horrors of terrorism and the horrors of right wing authoritarianism. I fear both. I fear right wing authoritarianism more than terrorism, based on the lessons of history.

1 hour ago, guzzi said:

Those western leaders, eh? They just don't seem to learn from history, do they? 

A citizen of the United States born in:

England/Ireland/Scotland/Germany/Poland/Italy/Russia/China/France/Sweden/Norway/Japan/Slovenia

Built the country, no?

So why not a French national born in Chechynia? Why not a British citizen born in Syria? 

I fear right wing authoritarianism, buoyed up by dumb, senseless xenophobia and nihilistic popularism a lot more than I fear terrorism. 

But is it dumb? Dislike and distrust of people from certain countries that are at the heart of the attacks against us is far from being senseless, it's a very sensible position to adopt. As for popularism, that's nothing other than a national majority want and usually very closely associated with national pride and patriotism. 

On the other hand terrorism, especially from the growing fifth columnists now well embedded within the colonies that our politicians have very foolishly allowed to form is an active and growing hazard but not only in the form of atrocities but in the way that our lives and freedoms have had to change because of the constant threat that is present and growing.

When last I looked HMG had advised that the current threat is "severe".

That is only one level below "critical" which means that some form of actual attack is imminent.

So terrorism is now affecting so very much of how we live our lives.  In addition a terrorist attack is the tip of an iceberg. What is not obvious are the support behind an actual attack. Funding, logistics, colony support, failure to make known who amongst them is planning what and so much more.

Don't fear terrorism?

That would be the attitude of a fool.

29 minutes ago, guzzi said:

That crosses the line Woody. Please apologise.

hard hitting maybe but if you support these policies then you have to take the consequences that may effect you and your family..... 

9 minutes ago, guzzi said:

I have twice been quite close to terrorist attacks. My office was bombed by a PIRA 'pot boiler' in the '90s, putting the windows in and slightly injuring a passing postie.  I was rather closer to the 7/7 London bombings, having been at Kings Cross very shortly after Jermaine Lindsey detonated his bomb on the Piccadilly Line and seen many of the less severely wounded victims.

I can see both the horrors of terrorism and the horrors of right wing authoritarianism. I fear both. I fear right wing authoritarianism more than terrorism, based on the lessons of history.

The IRA terrorism was based on a political ambition.  The terrorism that we face today is based on raw hatred of us and how we live our lives.

People seem to be incapable of understanding English. I fully expect that of Woody, but it's disappointing that others don't grasp the meaning of the following sentence:

"I fear right wing authoritarianism, buoyed up by dumb, senseless xenophobia and nihilistic popularism a lot more than I fear terrorism. "

That doesn't say I don't fear terrorism, does it? It says I fear the one thing more than the other.

1 minute ago, guzzi said:

People seem to be incapable of understanding English. I fully expect that of Woody, but it's disappointing that others don't grasp the meaning of the following sentence:

"I fear right wing authoritarianism, buoyed up by dumb, senseless xenophobia and nihilistic popularism a lot more than I fear terrorism. "

That doesn't say I don't fear terrorism, does it? It says I fear the one thing more than the other.

You've got the two totally the wrong way round.

Archived