Govt Pensions Revealed

Non-Believer

2 hours ago, finlo said:

That's all well and good Dilli, but we are the ones getting increasingly shafted to pay for it all!

But we still really pay next to nothing in tax.

We have German friends who pay about 30 % then much more for health care.

3 hours ago, dilligaf said:

If average Joe is that stupid they have nobody but themselves to blame

Sadly....the average Joe is that stupid and it has been played on and used to advantage in the past 200 years at least by all ranks in the Governmental system from politicians down through the CS. Although, particularly in the last 35 or so.

If the average Joe had an inkling of the money that has and continues to be squandered on failure and incompetence and the salaries and earnings that have been and continue to be awarded with no relevance or regard for qualifications, experience or competence for position - Joe average would become unaverage in his ire and revulsion.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, dilligaf said:

But we still really pay next to nothing in tax.

We have German friends who pay about 30 % then much more for health care.

if you take 20% tax that the average wage gets you to and then 10% + of NI we are already at 30%  deductions for some of our income.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WTF said:

if you take 20% tax that the average wage gets you to and then 10% + of NI we are already at 30%  deductions for some of our income.

If you take into account all the hidden taxes on what we do everyday the taxation rate is horrific !!

• Like 4

Actually, the Average Joe got shafted by a series of IOM administrations copying NuLabour economic policies. It was all to do with increasing GDP. Pay the public servants more (on the pretext that you have to pay more to get the best!) and see the tax take & NI increase. Where the funding was going to come from to pay for those increases seemed, at times, an irrelevance; almost as if it were an off-balance sheet transaction! Bonkers mad!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Sadly....the average Joe is that stupid and it has been played on and used to advantage in the past 200 years at least by all ranks in the Governmental system from politicians down through the CS. Although, particularly in the last 35 or so.

If the average Joe had an inkling of the money that has and continues to be squandered on failure and incompetence and the salaries and earnings that have been and continue to be awarded with no relevance or regard for qualifications, experience or competence for position - Joe average would become unaverage in his ire and revulsion.

I was laughing at the DOI questionnaire last night on cost savings. Down load it you’ll totally piss yourself. None of their cost saving ideas seems to involve them running the DOI properly or saving money. It’s all about what services don’t you want us to do if we have to save money. It is the most embarrassing piece of work I’ve seen come out of IOMG in a while. 

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

Still better off than across 

it depends where you live across and what income you receive,  but in some areas the tax plus cost of living works out better than the tax plus cost of living here

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I was laughing at the DOI questionnaire last night on cost savings. Down load it you’ll totally piss yourself. None of their cost saving ideas seems to involve them running the DOI properly or saving money. It’s all about what services don’t you want us to do if we have to save money. It is the most embarrassing piece of work I’ve seen come out of IOMG in a while. 

Tried to find this ..any links or a clue. Went to DOI Pages but can't see anything TIA 

21 hours ago, La Colombe said:

How would you know? What with them being hidden and stuff. What is the rate? 

I read a piece in some financial publication where they had done analysis of a couple coming home from work and taking a taxi for a night out at a restaurant and theatre. It was highly analytical and involved all the taxes on earnings, fuel, clothing, vehicles, wages etc etc etc many things I hadn't even thought of I can't recall the exact figure but of the amount the couple spent on their night out the majority of it was actually tax !

• Like 2