Govt Pensions Revealed

Non-Believer

no surprise there now,we are being murdered by taxesi'm still paying IT at 71 to keep these overpaid goldplated pensioned government workers in the style successive fucking governments have awarded these [in some cases] useless tossers,so yes I'd be better off in the uk,the only thing we have here is relative "SAFETY", as long as our esteemed constabulary aren't caught with their pants around their ankles too often, ie bent coppers and burglars its not too bad a price to pay!!.

Alf Cannan told Kate Beecroft in Tynwald that a 1% tax rise will bring in another £10m each year.

Why didn't she ask about how govt employees should be funding their own Public Service Pension Reserve deficit of nearly £60m+ every year...instead of the taxpayer...an equivalent of a 6% drop in tax.

ETA: Fund will be depleted by 2020/21 otherwise.

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Apparently if you earn less than £44k you are better off in the NW of England

The places you can afford to live on that salary aren’t places that offer a comparable standard of living to here. 

I scoured the north west of England last year as we were looking at moving across. Seems like all the nice areas are getting smaller and more popular and prices reflect that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, woolley said:

You have to look a lot further than NW England. Too near to too many shitholes.

Which is what we very quickly realised. However once you venture further south into the nicer areas the prices start disappearing northwards. 

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

head east.......

There’s more than a grain of sense in that. A friend from my childhood has lately moved from just north of Southampton to rural Norfolk. She and her husband bought a magnificent detached, beautifully modernized, Victorian villa in 3 acres of mature gardens, backing onto farmland, and after having bought it still cleared over £250,000 from the sale of the Hampshire property. The Norfolk house was priced on a par with much (and I mean much) more modest dwellings here on the Island. Okay, I grant you that rural Norfolk, out on a limb, isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I know of some lovely locations in Cambridgeshire/Lincolnshire/Suffolk. If anyone was thinking of moving off the rock (and I’m in that camp) eastern England is a shrewd move...and much further from those shitholes Woolley.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

There’s more than a grain of sense in that. A friend from my childhood has lately moved from just north of Southampton to rural Norfolk. She and her husband bought a magnificent detached, beautifully modernized, Victorian villa in 3 acres of mature gardens, backing onto farmland, and after having bought it still cleared over £250,000 from the sale of the Hampshire property. The Norfolk house was priced on a par with much (and I mean much) more modest dwellings here on the Island. Okay, I grant you that rural Norfolk, out on a limb, isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I know of some lovely locations in Cambridgeshire/Lincolnshire/Suffolk. If anyone was thinking of moving off the rock (and I’m in that camp) eastern England is a shrewd move...and much further from those shitholes Woolley.

This, I lived that way for a while and it is a beautiful part of the country.

• Like 1