Living Hope Church - wolves, money and healing - again

Heffalump

11 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Does it really matter? I assume someone wants to drive the agenda when they moan there are two threads running and why dont we use just one - as the other one clearly isn’t driving the agenda they set the thread up for. 

I was only concerned that I may be suffering from early onset dementia in not finding the previous threads, not really bothered if someone started another :P

35 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

[Harmer] repeatedly notes in his book that, "This book is about whether God genes exist, not about whether there is a God."[7]

Yes indeed.

I guess he either didn't want to offend or get into a circular argument.

Not that I've read the book.

Edited by P.K.
Clarity

I don't get why people are so bothered. If you're smart enough to know they are all bonkers and you leave well alone then who cares whether they ensnare some idiots into their web for financial gain. As long as they all keep relocating here to up the population numbers to help pay for the pensions back hole then let them all come and preach. If nothing else they're entertaining.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

I don't get why people are so bothered. If you're smart enough to know they are all bonkers and you leave well alone then who cares whether they ensnare some idiots into their web for financial gain. As long as they all keep relocating here to up the population numbers to help pay for the pensions back hole then let them all come and preach. If nothing else they're entertaining.

Amen.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Snaipyr said:

There is no god! When will prople come to their senses in this day and age and realise that all religions are a scam?! I despair at some peoople’s intelligence :( Remove the charitable status afforded to religious groups!!

get rid of the prople in churches. that should sort things out...Don't forget those damn peoople either. :)

Edited by Neil Down
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2018 at 12:40 AM, Snaipyr said:

There is no god! When will prople come to their senses in this day and age and realise that all religions are a scam?! I despair at some peoople’s intelligence :( Remove the charitable status afforded to religious groups!!

You don't know that as fact, it is a belief, no more a fact than there is a God, neither can be proved or disproved. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

You don't know that as fact, it is a belief, no more a fact than there is a God, neither can be proved or disproved. 

Yes. Any other conclusion is presumptuous. We have no idea of the nature of our own creation, let alone that of the universe. We know what constitutes living matter, but we cannot replicate it. We simply do not have anything like sufficient information to even begin to comprehend the forces at work now and whether they had a beginning or will have an end. We don't understand the true nature of time although we live and die by it, or how many dimensions exist despite spending our lives within them. Militant atheism seems as logical as fundamentalist religion to me. An open mind is always a better bet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, woolley said:

Yes. Any other conclusion is presumptuous. We have no idea of the nature of our own creation, let alone that of the universe. We know what constitutes living matter, but we cannot replicate it. We simply do not have anything like sufficient information to even begin to comprehend the forces at work now and whether they had a beginning or will have an end. We don't understand the true nature of time although we live and die by it, or how many dimensions exist despite spending our lives within them. Militant atheism seems as logical as fundamentalist religion to me. An open mind is always a better bet.

But still no god.